Fed Ex CC what a mistake

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
How about fleet owners that were FedEx dispatchers or Ex dispatchers? That is the rumor I heard.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just to clarify, fedex doesn't own trucks. They have preferential treatment to the trucks hauling FCR fedex owned trailers when they started the FCR program but after it was brought up that it may be in violation of everyone's lease they dropped it and no longer give that preferable treatment to trucks hauling FCR trailers. They never hid this. Just like they gave preference to contractors that accepted all loads but ended that program as well.

Now, perception is a beast and once your view of a company has changed to a dark place it is hard to see otherwise.

For most of us, once your view of a company has changed to a dark one, it doesn't matter, because we won't stay with them. Companies who change policies & practices without considering the effect on those who work with them risk losing good people. It's managerial incompetence to not anticipate that, [esp in view of the lease violation]. If they did expect it, then they decided they could live with the loss. Either way, it sounds as if they are throwing a bunch of programs at the wall, seeing what might stick, then changing it back when it doesn't work, and that doesn't look like effective management to me.

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
THERE IS A GENTLEMAN ON THE EAST COAST THAT RUNS A DR SINGLE AND HE DOES QUITE WELL I TRAINED HIM WHEN HE CAME FROM CENTRAL REF TO FEDEX. COURSE HE WAS IN A TRACTOR WITH ME THEN HE MOVED TO ANOTHER TRACTOR THEN HE GOT THE SHAFT FORM THAT OWNER I FLORIDA ON A LEASE TO OWN. HE CAME BACK TO ME TO FIND HIS RIDE AND ABOUT 5 WEEKS LATER WAM I WENT TO TVAL AND HE MET A GENTLEMAN WHO HAD A TVAL STRAIGHT TRUCK AND HE LEASING TO OWN IT. HE RAN SINGLE THE WHOLE TIME WHILE IN THAT TRUCK. NEEDLESS TO SAY 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME I WAS SINGLE WHILE I DROVE AND PAID OFF A TRACTOR TRAILER FOR MY LAST OWNER. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING AND DO IT WELL. (WORK AND PUT THE JOB FIRST YOU WILL DO WELL AS A SINGLE. WORK YOUR BUT OFF, SHOW YOU CAN DO THE LOADS THEY GIVE AND FOR GOSH SAKES DONT ARGUE THEY GIVE YOU ALOAD TAKE IT AS THE NEXT ONE TO COME IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. GOOD LUCK.. YOU CAN RUN SINGLE BUT TEAMS ARE BETTER LESS WAITING BUT RUN THE EAST COAST YOU CAN STAY BUSY. HINT. PA NJ DE NY CT MD VA AREAS. GOOD LUCK.... SEE THE CAPTION BELOW YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH AND DONT GIVE UP YOU CAN DO ANYTHING. THATS AN IOWA FARMBOY CAN DO ATTITUDE. DONT STOP TILL THE JOB IS DONE DONT EVER GIVE UP OR QUIT!! DIE FIRST THEN QUIT!!

1240547_401004313333402_1379758921_n.jpg

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thinking about this a little while coming back from Wisconsin: Seems to me that FedEx CC would be a team thing anyway. Problem is, a single has to stop when his hours run out. A team switches drivers and can keep on--- at least for awhile. That doesn't matter much on short hops--- but what about thousand-plus mile jaunts? Better believe it matters if the load is time-sensitive.