February Locations and Banter

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hopefully they get some results for you!
They did. The jello is melting. Just part of getting old. Check again in 6 weeks. Vision actually got stronger. New script correction reduced. Still see 20/10 in both eyes.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes we did, looked at both private and the site and private is just to expensive. What they say is true, if you dont have someone who really knows what they are doing you may not be getting the best coverage. We got a really good policy. No lifetime cap on coverage, coverage crosses state lines {of course}, 500 deductible in network, 1000 out then they cover everything. Those amounts are also our out of pocket. Emergency transportation {life flight} free, free well care visits and the co pays on scripts are low. We were not crazy about doing it, on the plan, but what are you gonna do. We feel pretty good about it now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am told it has been completed for both Feb and March. Sorry about the delay.
The list may be completed, but the list contains videos that aren't on the site.

Clicking through every category, then clicking every single + to look for the videos, then logging off and logging back on to do it again, only to not find them, that's quite the little time waster. Please forward my gratitude to whoever allowed that to happen.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The list may be completed, but the list contains videos that aren't on the site.

Clicking through every category, then clicking every single + to look for the videos, then logging off and logging back on to do it again, only to not find them, that's quite the little time waster. Please forward my gratitude to whoever allowed that to happen.

I found them all, it does take a little hunting to find the 2 video on driver fatigue, ( trucking industry- resources folder) but they were on there. Maybe in the future we could look at moving the videos into one folder for the month.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Let me get with our people and the training provider and see if we can come up with a better solution. Sorry for the problem but I appreciate the feedback. It's stuff we can use to improve.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Videos_zpszjh6fodr.png

No Fatigue Management (parts 1 or 2)
No Opening/Closing Truck Hood - An Excedrin Headache, Every Which Way But Loose

Now, it could be that I already took the Fatigue Management training months ago even though it wasn't on the list of training videos, as once you complete a session the videos disappear from the site. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to view the sessions we've previously completed or when they were completed. Mindy can print out or e-mail a spreadsheet showing all the details, but that's something we should be able to get ourselves with one click on the training site. That was a request I put in back in Oct 2013 when we switched to the new format. Also, believe it or don't, there have been a couple of times I wanted to go back and view a video again, which we could do on the old format but not on the new format. You watch a video about winter driving 2 winters ago and you want a refresher, you're outta luck.

Now, for giggle and grins, I just went through the Resources section, instead of, you know, the Assignments section where all the assignment video are, and I see a Fatigue Management Part 1 and 2. But surely that can't be the ones I need to watch, because those are in the Resources section instead of the Assignments section, and if I'm supposed to watch videos in the Resources section that would have been made clear, so as to not waste out time mousing around. I'm sitting at home recuperating from a broken wrist and have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do, so my time is very valuable.

Is it the one in the Resources that I'm supposed to watch?

Still can't find Opening/Closing Truck Hood - An Excedrin Headache, Every Which Way But Loose. I really wanna watch that one, because I have a feeling it's done by the guy who speaks in a normal voice in other voiceovers and commercials tawk ta me in that pandering trucker accent lilt (like the guy who does the Ryder commercial on the radio in a stereotypical cowboy boot-wearing tuff trucker from Deepinahearta but in other commercials talks like a normal human being).

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I started watching the Fatigue Management videos and realized that I've seen them before. Those 2 videos were November, 2013. So that's why it's not showing up under the Assignments section.

We need a page on that site that lists every single possible video training session, and it should show whether or not they have been watched.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'm on my way to somewhere warm for the weekend.:D
I'll post where after I get there.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had a problem with this months safety video on driver fatigue I tried to watch it last night but fell asleep

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I had a problem with this months safety video on driver fatigue I tried to watch it last night but fell asleep

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ok in all honesty that was pretty darn good Snappy!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow. OK, they made a big change to the Infinit-i Web site. It's mostly a good one. On the Assignments Menu page, at the top, they have assignment sections for February and March, separated out so you don't have to waste a lot of time looking for them. That's awesome.

Except, the ones I've already watched are there, too. The question becomes do I have to watch the videos and answer the questions again in order to get credit for them, or do I still get credited for the ones I've seen?

Opening/Closing Truck Hood. Really?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just watched the Excedrine Headache video by clicking it in the March 2015 menu section. After watching it, it then disappeared from the March 2015 folder, indicating that I've completed that assignment video.

However, the same video still shows up under the Trucking Industry folder, meaning I haven't completed it.

That's not confusing at all.

And I'm sure it'll get less confusing as the months go by and watched videos continue to pile up under the Trucking Industry folder.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Turtle,

Can I get you to call Matt and Mindy on Monday and explain to them. They are working on trying to improve this to make everyone happy and still give functionality. I am not sure we want videos seen to not be visible everywhere. Some people might want to go back and watch again in the future. I do think you have to complete the test questions as that is how the system logs completion.

ps, closing a sprinter hood might be a future video....ok, that is probably not true.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am not sure we want videos seen to not be visible everywhere. Some people might want to go back and watch again in the future.
That's exactly what happened when they went to this new format. With the old format, after you'd watched a video (and completed the test questions) it showed you had seen the video, but you could watch it again. It was still there and available for you to click on and watch again.

Granted, not a lot of people are going to watch a lot of videos a second time very often, but as hokey as some of them are, there is a lot of good information in there. There are a handful of videos that I'd watch once or twice a year as a refresher, a couple of adverse driving conditions videos in particular I can recall. And that was my complaint to Laura when Infinit-i changed to the new format, that once viewed, videos were no longer available.

When we went to the new format, it was accompanied by an e-mail from Laura telling us about the format change, and that if anyone needed instructions on how to navigate it, to let her know. That same day (7/16/13) I responded to her with:

"Yeah, I'll need the instructions for the new format. Looking over it now, I can't see where it shows which modules we've completed and which ones we haven't. It also appears every single module is a "current assignment"."

One of the problems was, when the new format was put into place, a lot of videos that I'd previously watched were still showing up in the new format (but they shouldn't have been there). My question was would I have to view them again to get credit for them. Turns out no, because my taking the test was already recorded in the database, so I got credit for all that I'd seen. Infinit-i got on that and matched up the database of the ones I'd seen to the ones still showing up and removed the ones I'd seen. So that was taken care of, but still, my response was, "Also, having them disappear so that we can no longer go back and review the videos in a refresher might not be the best idea."

A couple of e-mails later my comment was, "Infinit-i really needs to set up another link where all of the available videos are listed for review, and that indicates which ones we've taken."

And now with the addition of the Current Assignment sections showing Feb and March videos, we have a similar problem as we had initially, where the videos are there under February and March, and also under the Trucking Industry folder. When you watch all the videos under Feb and March, they disappear indicated you've seen them. However, they still remain under the Trucking Industry folder as if they haven't been seen. So that needs to be fixed, where when it disappears from one place it needs to disappear from the other place, as well.

A separate issue is getting us a link to all of the videos including the ones we've seen before, so we can view them again if we want to.

It would also be just awesome if we had a link that would tell us all of the videos we'd seen, the date and time started and completed, Laura sent me a spreadsheet showing all of the modules I'd complete up through July 2013. It's very detailed. There are even live links to download and print a PDF of a certificate for each module (not that anybody is going to print out a separate 8x10 certificate for each and every video they've seen, but it's kinda kewl, regardless). Infinit-i should be able to adapt that for use to view on the site.

I'll call Matt and Mindy on Monday.