Feb 2020 in the land of the ONE!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning. Little bit of a rough icy morning in Detroit area. Stay safe!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Sure is slow down here in the south.
I only got one call in two days at home in Florida. So last night I deadheaded to Jackson Georgia. When I got here I was number one. When I woke up this morning I discovered I was out of service. Now I'm number two. Hopefully I'll get something out of the Atlanta area today and get moving for this month.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
These text messages are getting annoying. One text message gets sent, but we receive one text message, one app message, and one QC message, all the same, and we have to respond to all three, even if it's just to read and clear it. CLUT TER!

Reactions: piper1

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Not sure I understand. Load Offers come via app message and call. We dont text? Yes satellite messages and app messages can be redundant but only one needs to be answered.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We dont text?
Mindy (and Matt) will disagree. :D

Mindy sent out a fleet wide message earlier (instead of just to certain trucks, and then Matt sent another one to disregard the first one), but it was sent as a text, and as a QC message (so as an app message, as well). In addition, something I neglected to mention above, the phone rings, and Sir E. reads the text message to you over the phone in the same way he reads load offers. So in addition to the three aforementioned text delivery methods, we also get it via a phone call.

I don't know who it was that said, 'Hey! Wouldn't it be great if we could get the QC (and app) messages via text, toooo? And also have the text message come in as a text to-voice phone call?" but give them my heartfelt thanks and appreciation.

I'm not saying get rid of the text message, or keep it, or anything else. I'm just saying, it's really annoying. And breathtaking superfluous.

Reactions: piper1

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The poor guy who drew the short straw and had to call me to get an explanation of what I'm taking about. :rolleyes:

It was kinda like trying to explain to a cave salamander about something called The Sun. But once I was able to convey to him exactly what was happening, he was like, "Yeah, OK, that would be annoying." :D

Reactions: RoadTime

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Well I finally got my first load on Friday. And I was at the shipper for 7 hours trying to get it on my truck. For some reason someone scheduled 6000 pounds of freight and then tried to load me with 21,000. Lots of phone calls and emails over that. But at least I got part of the load and it's a long weekend run.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app