Favre retires

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
It breaks my heart to see him go.

Unfortunately, his 442 td passes, over 61,000 passing yards will be marred by the very last pass he threw that sent the Giants to the superbowl.

Yep, it's a sad sad day.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I always liked him.He reminded me of when real men like Johnny U, Bart Starrr, Don Meridth and Joe Willie were Quarterbacks.
Bet ESPN and the others will come calling with big bucks and you don't get hurt.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I never thought of that Rich, but I bet you're right. ESPN probably had an emergency board meeting as soon as the announcement went public... LOL.

Dale

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I have to agree with you on the ESPN part Rich. There aren't to many players anymore to play something like 97% of their career with one team. He played his first year with Atlanta then got traded to Green Bay. 17 years of his 18 year career were in cheese country. I love the Packers.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
[One of the Greats? The only other person who even ranks with him was Montana. Time will change that is, as there are two brothers and this guy in New England, but WOW what a Histrory.

I wish he were reading this. Mr. Brett Farr, thank you I have really enjoyed watching you play all of these years. Thank you Brett and best very best of wishes.

tnt1271

Seasoned Expediter
Its a sad day... He is one of the last that really enjoys the game and not just for the money. I love the excitement he always showed when he threw a touch down no matter how many he had he always acted like it was his first. His passion and committment to the players and the game will be surely missed.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Plus there is no telling how many millions of dollars he earned while playing football. The thing is unlike some he still acted like the same ole boy from Mississippi.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
could the nfc north send a playoff team to the party that is 8-8 or even 7-9? real possible. lets see the bears have rex and kyle. the packers have arron. the vikes have the former wisc qb and detroit has who? yep. loads of talent in this division, fer shure.

brett favre the easiest guy to root against but you would want him on your team absolutely.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
The Green Bay Press Gazette had an article about the Make A Wish foundation. The locker next to Brett's was empty. It was reserved for the kids from the foundation. When a kid asked for Brett, he or she was brought to Lambeau, and the Packers set up the locker with the kids name above it. They got a Packer jersey with their name on it plus time with Brett.