Favorite Meals in the Truck

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Here's a twisy on lemonade:

Prepare Crystal Light lemonade according to package directions subsituting 2 cups of orange juice for two cups of water. Very refreshing.

We used to have this poolside when we were regular people. Maybe ATeam can figure out how to put in a roof top pool until then we'll have to settle for calling it a roadside drink.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Hey Coco, do you think you could take a single serve OJ and add the crystal light individual package of lemonade to it? Then just shake it up and have an individual cold drink. What do you think? I'm scared to try it...OJ is so expensive to waste. Ha!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Pel, that sounds yummy - and I just finished dinner! (Baked ham, white cheddar mac & cheese with broccoli, and sweet potatoes).
A Rocket Grill is on my list, for now, though, I make do with the microwave, crockpot, and rice cooker. Cold weather means soups (vegetable, chicken noodle or rice, split pea) spaghetti, easy crockpot meals like the New England Boiled Dinner: ham, cabbage, carrots, onion, & potatoes. Warmer weather is more salads (really good with mandarin oranges tossed in) and a London Broil, marinated in Italian dressing, then grilled over hot coals, with baked potatoes & corn on the cob. And watermelon! Summer can't get here soon enough, eh?:D

hapipupi3

Expert Expediter
I have a recipe for-- Quick Cucumber & Tomato Salad.....

1 cucumber(peeled if store-bought-unpeeled if fresh),washed and sliced as thin or thick as you like.

1 tomato- diced and seeded

Place cukes and tomatoes in a bowl with a lid. Add 1/2 TBSP Basil, 1/2 TBSP Garlic POWDER, 1/2 TBSP Oregano. Salt & Pepper to taste. Place in a covered container, shake, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to allow flavors to blend.

This is very refreshing for a light lunch with crackers!

If you want to cheat or haven't had a chance to get to the grocery store, you CAN use a strong Italian dressing. Just don't use a lot.
You can also adjust the spices to suit your own taste.

Maybe we need a separate thread for recipes and cooking tips/tricks?

Last edited:

hapipupi3

Expert Expediter
Got ANOTHER fast,easy,CLEAN recipe for y'all!!

I found it at another site I frequent, so I can't take any credit for it, but it sounds REALLY GREAT for B'fast!!

THE ZIPLOC OMLETTE!

Take 2 eggs(Large or Extra large) and crack them in a ziploc bag. Shake to scramble them up.

Add any ingredients you like in an omlette--cheese, ham,bacon, onions, whatever. Get as much air out of the bag as possible and zip it up tightly.

Toss the bag into hard boiling water and allow to cook for EXACTLY 13 MINUTES. Cut the top off the bag, and put your omlette on a plate. The omlette will roll easily out of the bag.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I would ad the OJ to the single serve Crystal Light. then if you didn't like it you would stil have the OJ

witchywoman07

Seasoned Expediter
the new steamer bags are awesome . we like the Idahoan brand instant potatoes, garlic or cheddar cheese are good. just measure the water (i have a 4 cup just to measure water so I don't have to clean it) I add 1/2 as much water then make it up with milk to make it creamier. add the potatoe flakes, seal the bag well, shake it up then microwave until very hot. I add shredded cheese sometimes . I steam vegies and potatoes in them. I also cook pasta. I fill the bag 1/2 full of water then microwave until nearly boiling. I then add a bag of tortellini (u buy in the pasta section made by Barista mmmm). microwave another 15 to 20 minutes. drain liquid, add pasta sauce some cooked italian sausage, heat until very hot. these bags are greattr for making omelettes too. eggs, ham cheese then microwave, shake the bag every 90 seconds until done.