Express Deliveries

bulldog77

Seasoned Expediter
I am considering leasing a cargo van to a company out of
Franklin Tennessee named Express. I live in the Birmingham
area and am trying to find any information anyone may have
about this company. Any input will be appreciated.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I am considering leasing a cargo van to a company out of
Franklin Tennessee named Express. I live in the Birmingham
area and am trying to find any information anyone may have
about this company. Any input will be appreciated.

Never heard of them.

bulldog77

Seasoned Expediter
This company actually goes by the name Express Couriers Inc. I hope someone has
information about them. Thanks

cagey53

Seasoned Expediter
If it's the same company I talked with, it's a lot of local stops with not much pay. A lot of medical lab specimen pickups. What did the recruiter tell you?

bulldog77

Seasoned Expediter
She said this route would be around 180 miles per day and the pay would be between 120 and 140 dollars per day. She did say there would be medical supplies involved and also office supplies. Their charges per month to the operator for insurance etc. is approximately 240.00. The rate per mile for this seems to be on the low side.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Is the $120 a day profit or what they pay you to cover everything?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Brisco

Expert Expediter
She said this route would be around 180 miles per day and the pay would be between 120 and 140 dollars per day. She did say there would be medical supplies involved and also office supplies. Their charges per month to the operator for insurance etc. is approximately 240.00. The rate per mile for this seems to be on the low side.

Had a similar discussion about this a few months ago.....

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/newbies-paradise-forum/46948-advice-needed.html

Any type of "Local" work like this just aint worth the time or effort anymore. Used to be great $$$$ some 10-15 years ago. Fuel was $1.00 a gallon, "New Vans" could be gotten for $12-$15K, Traffic in metroplitan areas was lighter, etc. Today....pay scale is still what it was back then. But, operating costs, equipment costs, and working hours to get the routes completed have quadrupled. Only people you really see doing these types of routes nowadays are basically the "Taxi Driver" types. (Nigerians-Africans-Etc)

My opinion, it'll be a huge waste of your time.

bulldog77

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the reply guys. Brisco, I went to the thread you recommended and after reading it, the numbers I have been given by this company are not as good as the ones
GMC was talking about. There is no way I can see that a person can make it on the
numbers I have seen so far. Thanks

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
bulldog,

There is no money to be made in local deliveries, especially in your own vehicle. The money is in long or regional out of state runs.

On the flipside, I used to run a local route for a animal lab company picking up lab specimens from animal hospitals throughout the Chicago, Rockford, and Milwaukee areas. The pay was only $9.00hr BUT it was with their car, their gas, their cell phone, they paid tolls, etc. The job was great for a retired guy supplementing his income but for me it was a job til I found something better.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
bulldog,

There is no money to be made in local deliveries, especially in your own vehicle. The money is in long or regional out of state runs.

On the flipside, I used to run a local route for a animal lab company picking up lab specimens from animal hospitals throughout the Chicago, Rockford, and Milwaukee areas. The pay was only $9.00hr BUT it was with their car, their gas, their cell phone, they paid tolls, etc. The job was great for a retired guy supplementing his income but for me it was a job til I found something better.

Did you get any super powers because an animal bit you?

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Did you get any super powers because an animal bit you?

lmao, nope just a small, steady paycheck and a good experience learning different parts of Chicago. Went to some interesting places for pick-ups......such as the Shedd Aquarium, Lincoln Park Zoo, Northwestern University Animal Research Center, and off course lots of animal hospitals...even the animal hospital Oprah Winfrey used to go to...down the street from Wrigley Field.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

At that rate I wouldn't bother doesn't matter who they are.:)