Express Center question

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
We droped a load near Cleveland we went to the TA south on 77 and sent a check in message for Canton, because we were closer to Canton. When we sent a status check we were still showing Cleveland. We sat there the hole day and did not get anything good and it looked like the Canton express center was doing better, so I tried to check out of the express center and check into Canton. When I did this I still showed Cleveland. I sent a free form message to dispach and they changed me. What I don't understand is why when I am closer to one express center the system will not let me check into it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Did you pick Cleveland as your layover choice? Did you check into the Express Center while going down the road? The computer can sent you up a wall sometimes and this is another one of those.

As soon as you check in do a macro 9 to see if you are locked or that you are in the express center you want to be in? If you are not where you think you should be either C-link or call to get the status changed.

One other gotcha that you might watch for is if you are en route to a layover and you stop and check in where you might be getting a shower or shopping and then will continue on this confuses the computer. When you get your next offer you might not have any DHPL but all you need to do is on your departure call let the dispatcher know this has happened or c-link them. I have found it is easier to talk to a dispatcher and get this fixed as often they will need the last run number. If you are not pro active on this it will not be picked up by anyone and you will not get paid this money.

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
We chose op 4 other and typed in Canton. It was only 40 miles down the road and we did not stop. We sent a check in message and said Canton wile we were moving. Dose this have a effect on the system because we were moving?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That could have done it while moving or someone just put in the wrong location. It happens when Express Centers are close together sometimes. Frustrating for sure but easily fixed if you call in or send a message.

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
Just wanted to say thanks we really appriacate the help. We have been in expidite for awile but we know we have things to learn about FedEx.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Every company out here has their own way of doing things. The quicker you can figure it out a new companies system the better offers you are available for.

Those goofy quirks are what will get you and you have found one of them.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
When I've used option 4 in the past it always put L/O option 1 no matter where I was. I now use option 3 when sending in the POD and when I get to where I really want to go, I put in the bedcard for that and it shows me in for MY choice, and you still get the Deadhead pay on the next run when you ck in and it was a choice 1 or 2 layover suggestion. The number 4 choice always confuses the system and that's the problem I think you came across.