Express Center Information

Youngin

Expert Expediter
I am a contractor With Fedex CC and would like to know about this new policy they have where we cannot access information about how many trucks at any given express center are team or solo drivers and other things that are vital to making a business decision whether or not to layover in a particular express center or not. Anyone have any input on this? If there are 6 teams at an express center, why would I want to layover there if there is an expess center not far away that has no teams there? Am I the only one facing this problem?}>

gambler

Expert Expediter
good luck buddy you already answered your question.!! they dont want you to know anything!! THEY will decide what is BEST for YOU!!

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I continue to be fascinated by the on-going complaints concerning some companies attempts to keep their o/o's from getting ANY info about
what might be going on, at a particular time, that directly impacts a
o/o's decision making. It makes me even more grateful for the amount
of info that LEA lets it's contractors access through the company
website. For example, I can find out how many units are in a given
area(50 mi., 100, mi., etc.), plus being able to see how many loads
were generated, in that area, for a specific time frame; i.e. the
past week. It allows us to make an informed decision about whether to stay in an area, or move on.

bigfoot

Expert Expediter
Well Youngin, I'm not really sure why they aren't able to or don't want to provide us with more pertinent and relevant info inorder for us to make a more informed decision and I dont really want to speculate on it. However, I do hope that more and more of us will continue to call and write about our legitimate complaints and maybe, just maybe, things will change for the better!!;-)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Actually it!s a hell of a lot better then it used to be,yes you may not know how many teams are in a prospective layover location but you can find out how many trucks are there and what activity has supposedly transpired.Also when you check in you can see how many trucks have greater dwell time then you. You can also get authorized for any location.Last Thursday night I unloaded in Blairsville Ga in the Northeast corner of GA.My layover options were Louisville KY (410 miles),Nashville TN (283 miles) and home 398 miles. I just sent a message that i was going to Atlanta (90 miles ) and went down ther fully authorized and got a small trip out of Atlanta in the morning.In the past this would not have happened.

bigfoot

Expert Expediter
Just for the record, I do very much agree with you Rich. It is alot better than it was and I am grateful for that. Lets not forget to say thanks as we ask for more and better info!;-)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well I stand corrected and have to agree with Youngin. I came back in service tonight and and the qual Com showed 6 trucks laying over in my home center. I sent a message asking how many tucks were W/g teams and received a reply saying"Sorry but we can!t give out that information". The latest issue of the On Times has an article saying "Get the Big Picture for Laying Over". It goes on to say that "Making a business decision as too where to layover can be difficult". This is true,and I simply do not understand as too why they will not give us 100% of the information needed to make a decison. Many years ago Roberts had a VP whose name was Chris Healy,he always stated that we would give you all of the information needed as too whetheror not to accept/reject a run offer and where to layover. So I stand corrected and while some of the information we get is good,we should get it all.

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Rich;

I have never driven for FedEx and am doubtful that I ever would. In observing the discussions about this company, I really wonder why anyone would put up with their paternalistic behaviors. It appears that they treat their o/o like children, not trusting their judgement. Would not be at all surprised that the dispatchers and others in the organization are treated in the same manner.

The only thing I can come up with, is that you guys must be paid really well to put up with all of this.

Take care and Drive Safe.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
they were an excellent company when they were Roberts, but now they are just a joke. Why would you work for someone who is hiding information from you. Think about what they are hiding from you that you know about. Then think about the things that you don't but may find later. Like I said, pretty much a joke. Glad I don't drive for them.

coldstart

Expert Expediter
Boy, I don't know about that one Larry. Maybe I haven't found the right company yet myself but for instance Panther has the same situation allowing you to search 100, 200 or 300 mile radius for available trucks, trucks on the way to each location and average loads per day. The problem I have had is that when they would prefer that you stay where you are at they will simply not let you do the search. Now that too is hiding information from the o/o, and not allowing the o/o to make an educated decision as to where to place yourself for maximum income. I passed this along to them and got absolutely no response. Kinda makes you wonder. But on the other hand you have found an honest one and that gives us all hope!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As far as Panther there relocation system is only good in certain instances. Depending on the region of the country you are in it can be useful to call dispatch supervisor for relocation areas. Seems to work for us pretty well. Make sure you call the right region. For example; if you are in FL call Charlotte office, not OH or IL.