Express 1

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
You should'nt judge a company too quick. I don't know how long you have been running with them but a lot of different factors are involved. You have to give it a least one year,and sometimes that is not enough (Bad Economy everybody is slow). I have allways said I'd rather be Lucky than Good,cause alot of times those good loads are a matter of just being in the right place at the right time! Maybe you aren't patient enough to wait for that Team load.I remember Spending the weekend with a new codriver at The Mall of America in Minneapolis,Monday morning got a 250 mi run offer codriver got made cause I turned it down before he even had time to stop complaining got a load offer to N.C. and accepted it.He never complained again when I turned a load down.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
You should'nt judge a company too quick. I don't know how long you have been running with them but a lot of different factors are involved. You have to give it a least one year,and sometimes that is not enough (Bad Economy everybody is slow). I have allways said I'd rather be Lucky than Good,cause alot of times those good loads are a matter of just being in the right place at the right time! Maybe you aren't patient enough to wait for that Team load.I remember Spending the weekend with a new codriver at The Mall of America in Minneapolis,Monday morning got a 250 mi run offer codriver got made cause I turned it down before he even had time to stop complaining got a load offer to N.C. and accepted it.He never complained again when I turned a load down.

Runrunner is right. Don't take the first thing offered unless it is team miles. But even then look at where it is going. If it is going to texas factor in the miles and how long you will sit there waiting for another load.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Unless it is simply terrible, you should really give any company at least 4 to 6 months to make a fair judgement. I am not sure how freight is over there, but Express-1 is a good quality company.

ReneO

Active Expediter
Express 1 has the slowest freight on earth . I started expediting trying to make money ,instead I've spent more than I've earned . I'm a team driver and we struggle to get 1800 a week .

We run regular straight truck loads and we are doing wonderful. maybe consider switching to carrying regular dry freight instead.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Express 1 has the slowest freight on earth . I started expediting trying to make money ,instead I've spent more than I've earned . I'm a team driver and we struggle to get 1800 a week .

We're with Express-1 and we have been treated fairly for three years now. However, if you have had break-downs, late deliveries, or taken way too much time off, it will affect your load offers & frequency. If you haven't had any of those issues, I couldn't explain your experiences at all . . . unless you got loads out to deadsville and didn't push dipatch to get you out of there? There are companies out there that seem to be more anxious to get you out of Deadsville than Express-1 is normally. However, this doesn't make sense to us, something is missing in this explaination. I would expect you would average 3,500 miles a week in the summer and maybe 2,500 to 3,000 right now.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yeah we pushed dispatch to get us out and they short run us . I'm not saying they are a bad company but that they have inadequate freight compared to the truck they have to fill!

I am not with E-1 but if I was a betting man, (Which I am:cool:) your issue is that reefer. Looking at what E-1 bids loads for, you are too expensive for some of their freight. Expedite reefer freight that is consistent, is pretty much going to the Cat and the Fed. Doesn't mean you wouldn't get a good one here and there, but consistency is the key.
If you are at a higher rate than dry van trucks, who do you think they are going to load if it is a dry van load? One of those, follow the numbers or watch what they do rather than what they say.
Might be holding or locking your truck for those few occasional reefer loads? Don't know.
Might be a good company but my believe is the reefer is the problem. Kind of notice that from other E1 drivers response. May also be wise to talked to a few and share numbers. That likely will answer your questions or concerns.

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
Looking for info from express 1 owners and drivers,I own few vans and looking into leasing onto them.Of course I spoke to people at express 1 HQ but I want to hear from owners and drivers.I have few vans and a straight truck but looking into express 1 and another carrier.Any info would be very helpful.Thanks

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
Any info??? Guy keeps calling me wanting me to sign the lease but I need input from Express-1 drivers and fleet owners first.Any info would help.Thanks