EXPO

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We would prefer it to be on a Friday and Saturday.

This is the 4th annual Expedite Expo. In the previous 3 - we tried different dates and days, the closer we got to the weekend, the smaller our attendance would be.

It seemed most attendees wanted it on a weekday.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

pendiehouse

Expert Expediter
Weekdays suck for me too. I work M-F during the day and was really bummed out that the expo was unavailable to me.:-(

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We too decided to stay on the board and took in $4521 for the week.Its hard to pass up the freight when its really hot.August is the best month of the year and we try to stay in service as much as possible.
Sure wish Expo could be on a wknd or a slow month.
Ps.We tried to be there.Parked at the Detroiter Wed night but by 9am dispatch made us an offer we could not refuse.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
redytrk,

Thanks for trying to stay. I really appreciate it. By far this was this best attended expo yet. On the other hand we only had 5 straight trucks in our beauty contest - just 5.

One of the winners walked away with over $8,000.00 in prizes for just showing up - and they didn't even plan on competing! We had over $16,000.00 is prizes to giveaway too. It was easy money for sure - all you had to do was show up and basically say - "Show Me The Money"!

On the dates issue - I'm not sure we could find a happy medium. If Expediters don't commit to supporting their show - we just won't continue to do it.

What dates would you like? Please post on this thread.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It seems a catch 22. The drivers like the weekend and have their most available time then. On the other side, dealers and vendors want the show M-Thurs. because they want to be home by the weekend.
Hard to tell if you can win with everyone on any given date.
We enjoyed the show and had a great time. Won some terrific stuff as well. Looking forward to next years and meeting everyone again.
Davekc

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It sure is funny that the vendors dont mind us running every weekend for them,but wont give up one of theirs.
As to a better time,shucks its hard to say.My records show July to be one of the 3 slowest months.Maybe more of us could afford to show up then.BY the way here are best month to worst.(According to my records)
1.aug 2.oct 3.sep 4.jun 5.mar 6.nov 7.apr 8.jan 9.may 10.jul 11.feb 12.dec.