Experience

tenyearsgone

Seasoned Expediter
Hi all,

I'm new to the board and have a basic question.

I've had a CDL B w/air for nearly 20 years and quite intrigued with the idea of getting into expediting.

I'm currently driving a Freightliner M2 doing delivery work in SE Michigan...I average nearly 1000 miles per week.

Generally speaking, when a company states experience required, are they looking for truck driving experience or expediting experience?

Thank you

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Hi all,

I'm new to the board and have a basic question.

I've had a CDL B w/air for nearly 20 years and quite intrigued with the idea of getting into expediting.

I'm currently driving a Freightliner M2 doing delivery work in SE Michigan...I average nearly 1000 miles per week.

Generally speaking, when a company states experience required, are they looking for truck driving experience or expediting experience?

Thank you

Truck driving,and its usully 1 year over the road.as expedite is in a legue of its own,it would help you for the money situation to read back as far as you can on what to do and not to do in this business

tenyearsgone

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the reply.

So basically, my experience means very little in this industry?

If I were looking to get in to it, I'd need to find somebody willing to hire a driver with no experience? ...or am I way off here?

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
You'll find someone. Some are sticklers to follow their own rules to the letter, while others would appreciate the experience and count it as such. You have to do your due diligence in searching for a carrier to meet your needs.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Truck driving,and its usully 1 year over the road.as expedite is in a legue of its own,it would help you for the money situation to read back as far as you can on what to do and not to do in this business

Nightcreacher is right and has gave you some good advice. He has been in the business for over 20 years. I been in the business for 15 years and its nice to have someone like Nightcreacher to ask things. Are you looking to run team or single?

tenyearsgone

Seasoned Expediter
I suppose solo would be ideal but it's my understanding that most fleet owners are generally only interested in team drivers.

Makes sense...two drivers can get a long distance load delivered much faster that a solo. It's better for everybody involved.

Not to mention that driving team gives you a better chance to make more $$

rexpenny

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Tenyearsgone, I am in the process of getting my cdl b and am looking for someone to drive with so I can learn the ropes of the road. I don't know if you have found a truck or a team driver but I would like to know if you would consider me??

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Penny;)