expediting

jezzy

Seasoned Expediter
who would keep me busy if i was gonna start expediting with a van? can someone help me and tell the truth? im looking to drive at least 400 miles a day or more. anyone getting r=that kind of miles or should i get a box truck thanks hope to talk soon/

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Hi Jezzy 1st. of all I don't think any one would answer you with a lie. 2nd. You are not driving a cement mixer, meaning most things in this business are not in concrete, things change, a lot. For some one to tell you go with company A, they do good might depend on your location, or size truck you run. Best money maker I see right now is D-unit driving team. I don't expedite, but have read enough to know some question need research done by person asking. Please read the archives on this subject.
Good luck. Hurrier you go the be hinder you get! Tom Tinker:D

vipra

Expert Expediter
The last 2 years I've averaged 1500 mi/wk in my Sprinter, and that's a 7-day week because I never take time off. So no, I don't think you'll get anywhere near 400 mi/day. From what I keep reading on this site, box trucks get more miles than vans.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I don't believe you will average 400 miles day. I think most will want you to drive somewhere around 2/3rds of each Month. Which would be 8,400 miles on a 21 day month. Although I expect you will get Recruiters who will not tell you so. When I inquired at Panther asking if 1500 miles a week was an reasonable amount to expect to drive, the Recruiter never said YES, but he also never said it wasnt.

Jonlar

Seasoned Expediter
Something else you might want to keep in mind is that a lot of companies don't pay a flat rate by the mile so how many miles you drive does not really matter. One of my old dispacthers when asked what he was doing would say "trying to make as much money with as lil money as I can." IE if you dont have to drive 400 miles a day and can make as much money or more as someone who does... well I think you get the idea.

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
Something else you might want to keep in mind is that a lot of companies don't pay a flat rate by the mile so how many miles you drive does not really matter. One of my old dispacthers when asked what he was doing would say "trying to make as much money with as lil money as I can." IE if you dont have to drive 400 miles a day and can make as much money or more as someone who does... well I think you get the idea.

Hey Ricky . . . Yes Lucy . . . You got some splaining to do!

How do you make as much money or more than someone that drives 400 miles a day?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Hey Ricky . . . Yes Lucy . . . You got some splaining to do!

How do you make as much money or more than someone that drives 400 miles a day?

That's what expedited frieght is about,less miles for more money than the regular frieght haulers get.

Oh and I am pretty sure it was Ricky telling Lucy that she had some 'splainin' to do. DD.