Expediting with a Cargo Van /

truckercop

Expert Expediter
I ran with FedEx CC with a class 8 D unit and semi-recently sold it. I miss the road and would like to get out there again. I am very interested in obtaining information on expediting using a cargo van and a "C" Unit.

I am considering running as a team. I will appreciate any input/opinions/complaints/information/experiences from those running with a cargo van or with a C Unit. I am mainly looking for avg gross, avg miles, etc on the two but would like to hear anything that you have to say.

I am looking at Panther II and FedEx CC...

Thank you in advance...

skooch

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just lost my driver. give me a call I'll give you the info you asked
for skooch 321 427 3912 my cell

metroman

Expert Expediter
i can tell you from an operations point of view the limitations are huge for a cargo van in the expedited industry. the smartest thing to do is ask that question, and get some verification, of the number of loads offered to other van drivers in their fleet. should probably deal with the bigger companies that may have established cargo van freight dedicated to them, or companies like c&m out of painesville that seem to keep their vans busy

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i would go with a c unit as if you are loaded you won't have to sleep
with the freight and if your going to team in a b unit there is not
much room for 2 people, but some of them do it and they have
great van's, biggest thing i see is the cost of a b unit vice a c unit
is the cost about half of the cost, with a cunit you have a bigger sleeper and more choices for loads you may take a b load or a c load
where a b is limited to a or b and you have room to do them all
if you want sell you my c unit, it's a lease from ford motor leasing
has a c 10 cat with 10 spd eaton auto shift 16 foot box, 64" sleeper
2 bunks and a genset on it to