Expediter Services

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking at driving a truck for Expediter Services Leased to Exprees One. Has any one work for Expediter Services. Or have any word on them.

Thanks

jackback57

Seasoned Expediter
I worked for them we were with FedEx CC but nice trucks. was a 07 KW autoshift. I was teaming with a William Ruben and everything was going great until we had a problum in MS at the Nessan Plant there a tow-motor ramed the boxed we called the owner at Expedited Services (Bobbie Gardner) and William filled out on him that he wanted to drive solo yada yada and now Bobbie never listend to my side and wont let be back but thats fine because I found me a great owner and great Team member now and running FedEx W/G making big bucks!!!!

GUNSLINGER

Expert Expediter
I have sold them several very nice trucks and they seem to be growing very rapidly. Call Jason Williams at 877-349-9303.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone know if they do a lease/purchase program, and what companies they allow you to sign on with? One site says Panther and FXCC, and another says companies with non-forced dispatch.

monte98465

Seasoned Expediter
I am looking at this company also, looking to team up with someone who likes to stay out. Any info will be nice to hear about the company. I am suppose to start on the 21th.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thank you all for help. They have me leasing out to Express 1 so far everything sounds good. planning to start around 22 or 23.

HoboOfTheHwy

Expert Expediter
I contacted Expediter Services.And all they want is teams.Are you going to team? They seem to claim they don't have any solo trucks available.YA RIGHT ? They could if they wanted to have some.:-(

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talked with Bobby on Monday 8/21/06 to check on Start date. I was told that now they are not going to have any solo trucks till mid Sept. long way off that late Aug. date they first gave me. Guess that they have decided that they only want teams now. Wish they had said that in the first place. I would have made other plans. Well back to the drawing board.

2millionplus

Expert Expediter
I had dealt with them when I was recruiting for Con-Way, and they seemed like pretty straight up guys. But, you must look at the situation from an owners standpoint, there is more money to be made with team trucks, so there is no reason to recruit solo drivers.

I am just being practical. The whole idea of trucking, for an owner, is to make money. They even prefer, husband and wife teams over just two guys. That is all owners, not jus them, ok?

But, from what I understand, they pay on time and fairly.

2millionplus

"The Old Man"

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
You know they could have told you that from the git go.
Instead they made you waste your time on them.
Now they tell you Sept.Well when Sept rolls around it will be Oct.
ETC.ETC.ETc.
Companys like that really burn my A--.
reminds me of this company out of Maumee,Oh.that promised me a
500 dollar bonus after driving for them for 6 months.
Guess what 2.5 yrs later i'm still waiting on it.
YES THERE WERE A LOT OF TRYING HOURS WORKING FOR THEM.

Mike
whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
This thread was originally started in August of 08' with nothing since.

So I would appriciate any current opinions, facts or comments. Feel free to PM me if you wish.

You all are welcome to pitch in.

Yes they do have trucks w/ E-1, Panther & Fed

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
We currently drive for them. They maintain the trucks pretty well. We get paid on time. They let us run our business with little or no bs. I recommend them for a team needing a truck.

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
as long as you don't mine a 9 to 5 boss and them thar new cats that live in the repair shop

Yes, we have a CAT engine; and, yes, there was a recall on a part and we broke down under a load; and, yes, we were out of service for a week; but, we couldn't have asked for more when it came to Expediter Services getting it fixed, paying for our hotel, and never once allowing us to feel stranded while we were going through the whole ordeal.

We have a 2008 that we picked up brand new from the dealer. In 9 months, we've put on 100k miles. Honestly, the breakdown was the only problem that we've had. We get our oil changes and PMs and truck washes and we get reimbursed for any truck expenses that we have (ie, windshield fluid, oil, etc.) - never a problem with that.

As far as the 9-to-5 they have a 24 hour emergency number. There have been times that I'd wished they were available on the weekends to ask a question to - but, that was when we were brand new newbies. We don't have much of a need now. If we really need something in the middle of the night on a weekend, we have a number to call. Not and issue.

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
We have been with Expediter Services for 1 year and the only regret I have is that we did not find them sooner They have good trucks and we have never had a problem get the truck repaired, our money on time, or questions answered. They do handle most things during the day hours, as said before once you know what you are doing this will not be a problem. If you do have an emergency or brake down they have a e-line that will be answered 24-7-365. They are the niceest owners I have ever met. We have had three other owners and I have said it before we have found our last owners, when we leave them we will be haging up the keys for good. As far as the cat under the hood, it has been in the shop twice. So what trucks brake. The important part is we never have a problem geting the truck fixed. It is nice to know you have someone you can call that will help you, and the voice on the other end of the phone will be kind and make sure you are taken care of and back on the road.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
as long as you don't mine a 9 to 5 boss and them thar new cats that live in the repair shop

9 to 5 boss??

We have found exactly the opposite. They do not micromanage us at all. We are able to run our business and do not feel like there is a "boss".

new cats that live in the repair shop??

New Kenworth class 8 equipment with EPA compliant emmission systems. It is now common knowledge that the 08 and newer trucks are having a few glitches adapting to the new DPF systems.
There are 2 solutions:

1) Drive an 07 or older, which Expediter Services has available.

2) Drive a new truck and if any problems occur, take the truck to the nearest dealer, relax in your hotel room and let ES take care of it.

We chose option 2 because an 08 was immediately available. We have had one incident where the DPF system needed recall work. We were put in a hotel room for one week while the system was replaced. Sure this was an inconvenience; however, it was taken care of.

Otherwise:

We are always paid correctly and on-time. "Priceless"!!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Humble, you're one of the lucky ones with a Cat DPF. There are folks that are having an absolute nightmare with them.

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
Humble, you're one of the lucky ones with a Cat DPF. There are folks that are having an absolute nightmare with them.

Make that 3 more my truck has the same DPF and I know 2 others with the same truck and we have been in the shop maby once or maby twice for it. I would not say that was bad comparied to other trucks that I have had.