Expediter Services Vs. Mayfield Express

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I've wondered about AA. We are looking into western star trucks and AA seems to have done a lot of sleepers on them. Just not nearly as much talk about them as there is on bolt, ari and ict.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Is AA fiberglass over plywood ?

I was in a parking lot one night looking at a Cascadia. The sleeper sidewall had a 4 foot split with plywood sticking out. :eek:
It looked like the roof cap was cracking away from cab, also.

Maybe the guy had done some off roading ? It was a fleet owners truck, so anything could have happened.

I've never heard anything bad about AA. Who ever built this sleeper put out a questionable product for sure .

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dealing with different trucks over the years. We have had, AA sleepers, Aluminum Bunk Sleepers and Bentz Sleepers. Bentz sleepers over all are the best sleepers built. We have taken all three sleepers apart to redo the sleeper. Bentz sleepers don't rust out at the bottom like the AA sleepers do. They also don't freeze you out in the winter because the air don't come in from the rubber seals.

Sent from my SM-N900P using EO Forums mobile app

wwgx90

Rookie Expediter
When I first got this Str Trk, I took it and had the bottom of the sleeper sprayed by a "Line-exd(sp)" dealer and to date it has held up real well. I believe I paid $375.00 at the time - do not know what it would cost now. Helps with the noise factor, heat and A/C, as well as provides protection for the bottom of the sleeper. Overall, it was money well spent

Tango65

Rookie Expediter
When I first got this Str Trk, I took it and had the bottom of the sleeper sprayed by a "Line-exd(sp)" dealer and to date it has held up real well. I believe I paid $375.00 at the time - do not know what it would cost now. Helps with the noise factor, heat and A/C, as well as provides protection for the bottom of the sleeper. Overall, it was money well spent

What did you have it sprayed with in layman's term so that I may have mine done. Also what kind of place can I take it too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think he is talking about line-x think another brand is rhino liner. The same stuff you get a pickup truck bed sprayed with if I am thinking right.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Tango65

Rookie Expediter
So where exactly would I get my truck done at. I have a bolt sleeper 2006. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know zbart does a brand of it. You could find local places on Google I am sure. Before jumping I would do a little research I know I have read some brands are much better than others. I would also want to know about weight. It might not be enough to matter but even paint averages about ten lbs a gallon.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just Google spray on bed liners should get you started.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Most good line-x or rhino liner shops could probably do the job. A lot of them spray things other than Bed liners often so they can handle this as well.

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
I have worked for both. I made better money at mayfield. Both are equally as good as the other.
So did i I've worked for both..I've made more money then I've ever made working a job working for Mayfield so it is what it is

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know much about ES other than they are large and have been around a good while. Dave has been a major player in trucking since he was a kid with Tonka trucks. He has built a very significant business from the ground up. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him. Good luck with your decisions.

Reactions: drizion