Expedite Driver

Chris karn

New Recruit
Driver
In what part of the U.S has the most concentrated Deliveries for Sprinter Van Expedite Drivers.Thank You

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, Ohio,Michigan and Indiana are the big 3 then followed by east of the big river, Texas is big going in little going out, and Florida is the kiss of death to most, some have the touch on getting loads out, however I'm not one of them.

Reactions: ntimevan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
In addition to sitting waiting in fl for a load you can also enjoy the knowledge that your also in heavens waiting room!

Reactions: Chris karn

ChaplainSteve

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Is there much running west ever? I am in Joplin Missouri so will I always be a long way from home base? I understand the industrial areas in Ohio, Michigan and the North East but are the loads going other parts of country as well or is it hit and miss with trouble getting loads out of areas. Thanks

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is there much running west ever? I am in Joplin Missouri so will I always be a long way from home base? I understand the industrial areas in Ohio, Michigan and the North East but are the loads going other parts of country as well or is it hit and miss with trouble getting loads out of areas. Thanks
St. Louis gets hot as does the KC Area, if there is a auto plant there you'll find expediters going

Reactions: ChaplainSteve

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
St. Louis gets hot,........
531c18097c05b.preview-620.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is there much running west ever?
Much ever. I don't know that there's ever been much running out west, but there's some. The farther west of the Mississippi River you get, the more iffy it gets. Depending on the carrier, you can run like crazy up and down the West Coast, though.

I am in Joplin Missouri so will I always be a long way from home base?
Always? No. The overwhelming majority of the time? Yeah. But it depends on your definition of "a long way," too. You can get to KC a lot, but it's been years since I've had a load going to Springfield, Joplin, or even Tulsa. I've gone months without being within 300 miles of Western Kentucky where I live. You'll get the occasional load to NW Arkansas, and by occasional I mean one or two a year, or not. Then, suddenly, you get 4 deliveries in one month to Eureka or Branson. Ya never know.

A few years ago I decided not to deadhead more than 2 hours to home, to see how long it would take. There are a lot of deliveries to Hopkinsville, KY, Evansville, IN, and Nashville, TN, all about 2 hours or less away from the house.

I didn't go home for 9 months.

I was once west of the Rockies for 3 months. I've been in Texas for 5 and 6 weeks, never leaving the state, yet running good numbers while there. I've also sat there and gone broke in Indiana. Ya never know.

I understand the industrial areas in Ohio, Michigan and the North East but are the loads going other parts of country as well or is it hit and miss with trouble getting loads out of areas. Thanks
There are loads going TO everywhere. Getting back out is the trick sometimes. Like, I've taken a load to Scottsbluff, NE. Getting out of there loaded is not gonna happen very often. About 4 or 5 loads a year get shipped out of Havre, Montana, but I know a guy who got two loads out of there in one day (RLENT, left loaded, then they called him an hour later and told him to go back to get another load, one went to Wichita, one went to KC - he should have bought Powerball tickets that day). It can be hit and miss everywhere, even in a place like Chicago, but it's worse where there is little or no manufacturing.

Depends on the carrier, and on your vehicle.

The way to succeed is to just go where the freight takes you, and those times when you need to get home, just go home. At those times when you're close and want to take a few days at the house, go for it. But don't make getting home regularly a priority. If you do you'll be frustrated and disappointed a lot.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
There was a expedited carrier out of Springfield,mo but I forgot the name because it's been 2 years since I did a load out there.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Its funny you mentioned Havre, Mt. When we were at Conway that place was like a second home. Railroad freight in then Tomato soup and Coconut cream pie. Then railroad freight back out. We use to be able to go there with a load, drop it at the repair facility and go to the shipping office and ask for a load back out and they would give us one. Oh the good old days. Really kinda miss that place, its a nice town !!

Reactions: Turtle