Exercise on the truck

Lucy B

Seasoned Expediter
We're all told to get more exercise, but I've been trying to figure out how to do that when I have no space, no time, and no desire to "take brisk walks around the truck stop." I've finally found a solution that works for me - the In-Stride Plus Electronic Stepper. It's small enough to fit behind our driver's seat, and it gives a great workout. I pull it out, (there's plenty of room for it on the floor), fire up my MP3 player, and exercise for 30 minutes a day. I got mine on sale at GNC for $40, but I saw one even cheaper at WalMart. My blood pressure's down, and I feel a lot better. Perhaps this will work for someone else out there as well.

lisalewis

Seasoned Expediter
Wow, I'll have to get one of those! I bought some hand weights but wondered how to get some cardio in...great idea!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Lucy,

How much does the walker weigh? Also does it fold up at all? We do not have a lot of room and I don't believe it will work behind our seats. We still have not been by a Wal-Mart to see one yet. Sure was great to see you and Sam at the Expo.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess this is what you are talking about. Looks like a good idea.

http://tinyurl.com/yv943k

This is another interesting option.

http://www.dahon.com/us/vitessed7.htm

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Lucy B

Seasoned Expediter
We really enjoyed seeing you too! What a fun show - great people, lots of interesting things to see, and lots of little give-aways to play with. As for the stepper - it doesn't really collapse, but I take the step counter off and unhook the wheel. It shrinks a little, to approximately 6 1/2" by 12" by 16", which just slides behind the driver's seat. I don't use the handles it comes with either, because half the time I'm exercising as we drive down the road, and I need to hang onto the truck so I don't take a header. Just hanging on gives me plenty of upper body exercise!