Excessive dry runs...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Anyone else (especially vans) getting a lot of dry runs for customer gave wrong dimensions? Getting ridiculous. 5 of my last 13 dispatches have turned into dry runs, 4 of those.. over size.. and I dont mean by a couple inches.... like almost a foot in width sometimes. Customer enters 48 wide, when is really 58 wide etc.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

TeamCozumel

Seasoned Expediter
We think we've seen an increase in dry runs but not for that reason. We're in a C unit. We try not to speculate why as it tends to not get us anywhere!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have had more than I'd like including Houston to Seattle that was given to me and then was run by another vehicle that I truly believe was a brokered vehicle not even a Fedex vehicle. Not at all happy about that one.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Been waiting on this load since noon. STILL not loaded. Not had any more dry runs than normal.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, dispatch called telling me a driver showed up at a pickup with no cargo securement and nothing whatsoever to use to secure the freight. He went on to say it would cost more having me go but he knew I'd have proper equipment and do it right. I left for the pickup and about 20 miles into it was called and told it had been picked up by someone else. I firmly believe due to the comments about me costing more and about the other unit having no straps/bars/etc. for securement that it was brokered to some cheap outfit and I was called as a last resort and then it was allowed to go on the cheap unit after all.