EV chargers coming to Pilot

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Perfect partnership, plug your vehicle in, stop inside to sit down and get something to eat while your battery is being charged.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's the goal. Our local mall, about 1.5 miles away, offers free charging at Level 2, not as fast but still fairly quick. They figure enough people will shop or eat and spend enough to make it worth doing. Probably works as they expect. If I had an EV I would do that and eat at Salata while charging.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a Pacifica plug in hybrid and now I am looking for chargers when I am out and about, if I am going to spend some money at a business I will get some free electricity while I am inside. Just the other day my wife had to drop a couple of items she bought on Amazon that were wrong at a Whole Foods market and noticed that there were a couple of chargers there. My goal is to have one full EV and the hybrid so that unless we go on a long trip, we wont need to buy gas.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was going to buy a Chevy Bolt but couldn't find one without add-ons driving the price up. I drive less than 300 miles a month. I got a Ford Escape instead, likely my last vehicle, but if I foolishly buy another in the future it will likely be an EV or maybe PHEV.

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
We rented a Ford Escape to drive to the Expo last week... it had the EcoBoost feature and we got really good mileage. Not sure exactly, but drove from Florence KY to Ft Wayne IN and back... could have done it on one tank but we stopped to fill up in Piqua OH where the fuel prices were WAY lower... $3.99 compared to well over $4 everywhere else. I think the highest we saw was $4.85. This is for regular unleaded, in case it was not obvious... I would def consider the EcoBoost over the hybrids, as we tend to drive them till they drop, and I don't want to have to foot the cost of replacing those batteries!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Free charging and no state or federal taxes to pay for road building and repair. How long will that last?

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
For the cost of the electric car battery replacement you can buy a fully tricked out motor and transmission plus labor.