Escrow

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the package that came with the new lease it states that

"the escrow amount has increased for existing vehicles in the fleet"

Yet on the lease the dollar amount is blank. Does anyone with a B unit know what the amount is?

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I now realize my OP had an error, the escrow is going up for existing vehicles with the new lease.

It's going up Jack, NEW lease coming for the new QC units and as stated by others there are a few changes, minor, but they are in there if you fully read the lease. One is the Escrow is going up, but the $ field was left blank on my copy. I have since learned it is going up $100.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I now realize my OP had an error, the escrow is going up for existing vehicles with the new lease.

It's going up Jack, NEW lease coming for the new QC units and as stated by others there are a few changes, minor, but they are in there if you fully read the lease. One is the Escrow is going up, but the $ field was left blank on my copy. I have since learned it is going up $100.

Don't sign anything with blank lines. We have having a few things looked at on the new lease. We will stay with FedEx but are not signing the lease until all questions are answered, and we are happy.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Don't sign anything with blank lines. We have having a few things looked at on the new lease. We will stay with FedEx but are not signing the lease until all questions are answered, and we are happy.

The blank line thing is important but easily resolved. Find out what the number should be and fill it in yourself before sending both copies in. That way, the copy they sign and return to you will include no surprises.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No problem Phil, that one is easy. I have quite a few other things being looked into that I am concerned with. It will be worked out without a problem. I am just picky. I don't like lose ends. I prefer that all the "I's" are dotted and "T's" are crossed. I have learned that lesson the hard way over my life and now I do everything within my power to avoid duplicating mistakes.