EO, Facebook, or ????

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The number of regulars seem to shrink monthly.
I heard all the regular posters were going to have dinner together at the Expo but the big booth at Denny’s was taken.
So, is everybody on Facebook?
Or doing something else ?
If you don’t do Facebook, why ?
If you do EO and Facebook how do you split your time/efforts? 50/50?

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't do facebook.....

Too much family drama tends to go on there.....

Period, end of story.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I do both EO and FB ...
Maybe 50% of my down time logged in and participating on FB ...
Maybe checking in on EO about 10 % of my down time ... check my last 6 months activity on EO ... i have stuck a Fork in it.. only come on to check on my Regular Boys whereabouts..

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check in here and face book. This site was invaluable to me, when I was researching expedite. So now going to drop it.

Reactions: ntimevan

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I track all social media. As of my last check, there are over 100 expediter Facebook groups. One EO community. Not to mention there are some nut jobs running those groups. LOL!

Reactions: Greg and Moot

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I joined EO I remember two internet websites for Expediters.
Only one was run by a nutcase.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've hated and avoided facebook since it started.

However, after dragging and kicking my feet into Kevin Rutherford's Destination Health group, I have been spending a lot of time there. Probably 75% there and 25% EO. I still hate facebook, and the lack of organization and repeat questions drives me nuts. Especially, with a very active group that has added 3K more members since I joined about a month ago. Now over 8K members, about 50 added everyday. It's getting too big for me to keep up, yet can't seem to pull the plug...yet

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have an FB account but keep it limited to close friends and family. A few of those friends are expediters but I avoid the expediter groups.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Aw Moot, that’s brutal.
I’d say this site is getting less like that site.
Which is why it’s not fun for some members anymore.

Never went on Facebook. Don’t like drama and already waste more time than I should here.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I joined EO I remember two internet websites for Expediters.
I never joined that other forum. I didn't care for it but occasionally visited it. Unfortunately E.O. is becoming more like that site.:(
Moot, are you referring to EW (Harrys place) or EI (Dougs place)?

If EW, i agree. If EI, not even close. EO doesnt have the anger and meanness Doug and his cohorts spewed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawrence