EO Code of Conduct

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Since it is not possible to repsond to the "EO Code of Conduct" announcement in the announcement window above, I'm starting a thread here to do so.

This is a long-overdue change that will benefit the entire EO community. Thank you to those who put the time, effort and moral courage into bringing the EO Code of Conduct into being.

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It says no rambling posts........Lawrence, you might as well de- list me now!!!:rolleyes:

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
I agree fully. Although, I must admit even though I have only been involved here for a short time I pretty much am here daily at different times reading, replying, etc and I have noticed a great bunch of people. Seems, drivers, moderators, recruiters all seem to interact thus far with great respect of each other. I have already taken the time to review the Code of Conduct and from a Moderators opinion I do not think there will be alot of enforcement issues. Have a safe night all of you!!!!:)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Al,
Tempers do flare at times, but it usually doesn't get that bad. Most people just try and have a good time. It seems the last few people I remember causing problems were the drive by poster. If not on their first post maybe pretty new and get on here and flame a company pretty hard. The good thing about it is we have people like you to delete it so we don't have to see it, and we when say something we shoudln't you all can delete that to.

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Joe, thanks for the kind words and I will surely try not to let you down, lol!!! My thoughts are yes you will get those who might use this as a sounding board after a rough run or some type of conflict but just like myself. I have talked to quite a few now who are drivers for sure, competitors, however I have always tried to answer questions honestly pro or con and so what if a guy is with xyz company he is a driver and us drivers gotta look out for each other. I really do not want to be modify anybodys feelings here but talk to them and help them through whatever flared them up

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if you know it or not, but I don't drive anymore. I still like to stay up to date with the industry. Mainly in case I decide to jump back in. Most people seem not to mind, or if they do they don't tell me. Plus I know a little about the industry. About enough to make me dangeorus as they so I try to help. Until Lawerence tells me I need to leave I guess I'll keep posting. I made contacts with people here while I was expediting and I really didn't want to give that up so I stuck around. I have alot of respect for mods and driver's council members of all companies. Mainly people who do thankless jobs.

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Hey, the more the merier and experience helps so many. I do not see why you would be asked to ever leave.. Once an expediter.... always an expediter... Isn't that what they say? Have a good night...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do have an issue with one of the rules, but I can't talk about it here in public. :(

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Could we have "competing website " defined ? I mean really , can any other website be considered competition ? What really comes to mind is pickup truck owners that come here and there is little to offer for them but I know of a couple of sites that may have the info they are seeking . It works both ways . I have referred members of other sites to register here on several occaissions .

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Could we have "competing website " defined ? I mean really , can any other website be considered competition ? What really comes to mind is pickup truck owners that come here and there is little to offer for them but I know of a couple of sites that may have the info they are seeking . It works both ways . I have referred members of other sites to register here on several occaissions .

Great question - specifically anything that is expedited trucking related.

7. Posting Links.
Our policy on linking to other websites or forums is pretty simple. Members may link to any other site that provides information that helps answer another member's question or is just of general interest to members on that particular topic. The only type of linking that is not acceptable on our site is when members link to a competing website. That's just common sense. We won't allow people to use our site to promote a competing service any more than a brick-and-mortar store would allow his competitor to paste flyers all over his walls.