enough of the bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougTravels

Not a Member
If you've read even a few of my posts you know by now that I am a smart aleck, well I can resist this one no more!
First of all star, (ok 1st of all)
you are wrong i am back. First of all (cmon man you can't have a second 1st of all)
what is a dbp? second of all (Now this one has to be a 3rdly)

im not refering to bs as 2 drivers sitting and talking Im talking about the companies and their bs and the cheerleaders who dont nthink that the companiesn do anything wrong. Secondly (another Secondly, Dammit this is a 4thly)
i dont speak for straight trucks whose are a different story all together Third (Third are you kidding? Try 5th!)
Im not a noobie. First of all ( Back to First? How about 6th of all)
I cant afford the background check. Second (7thly)
no van freight comes out of there unless your willing to wait 4 or 5 days for it. Out of 25 trips I've done to Canada Ive gotten 1 run out of there. Third (8thly)
dealing with the broker is a unpaid night mare.

Im done, sorry bout that, but now I feel better!

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Really who do you think you are trying to humilate this man?
Your comment (SUCK IT UP BE A MAN) etc throughout this thread..WHY don't you suck it up an give him your phone number
and meet somewhere and say to his face?
DO you know anything about him? WHere he has been? What he has been through? What happened in his life?
In all of your postings about this thread and few others her have tried to humilate him..YOU NEVER WHO YOUR DEALING WITH.
WHERE you the kind of kid who tormented your classmates till they finally had enough to give you a knuckle sandwhich then cried to teacher?
You remind me of this hillbilly from Ky who drives a Chevy van for the cat..From what I hear kinda short, and articulate in person..But a big smart aleck tuff guy here. Really know it all.
Has close to 2600 posting just here alone..Must not be to busy to post that much..I know some more...I tell you this wise en himer eventully will be a truckstop with its fellow Expiditers, bragging away how great it is and a quick remember me?
I can't wait to see the look ok its face when it happens. And how much fun I will have afterwords...I will keep you all posted.

Hmmm.. this is just my opinion, but I think this post borders on threatening. That's not very nice! :(

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
And what's wrong with hillbilly's?

"Where I Come From" (by Alan Jackson)

Well I was rollin' wheels and shiftin' gears
'Round that Jersey Turnpike
When Barney stopped me with his gun
Ten minutes after mignight
Said sir you broke the limit in this rusty ol' truck
I don't know about that accent son
Just where did you come from

Chorus
I said where I come from
It's cornbread and chicken
Where I come from a lotta front porch sittin'
Where I come from tryin' to make a livin'
And workin' hard to get to heaven
Where I come from

Well I was south of Detroit City
I pulled in this country kitchen
To try their brand of barbeque
The sign said finger-lickin'
Well I paid the tab and the lady asked me
How'd I like my biscuit
I'll be honest with you ma'am
It ain't like mama fixed it

Chorus
Cause where I come from
Where I come from a lotta front porch pickin'
Where I come from

I was chasin' sun on 101
Somewhere around Ventura
I lost a universal joint and I had to use my finger
This tall lady stopped and asked
if I had plans for dinner
Said no thanks ma'am, back home
We like the girls that sing soprano

Chorus
Cause where I come from
Where I come from a lotta front porch sittin'
Where I come from

Well I was headin' home on 65
Somewhere around Kentucky
The CB rang for a bobtail rig
that's rollin' on like thunder
Well I answered him and he asked me
Aren't you from out in Tulsa
No, but you might'a seen me there
I just dropped a load of salsa

Chorus
Where I come from it's cornbread and chicken
Where I come from a lotta front porch pickin'
Where I come from

Where I come from yeah it's cornbread and chicken
Where I come from a lotta back porch pickin'
Where I come from
Where I come from
Yeah, where I come from
A lotta front porch sitting
Starin' up at heaven
Where I come from
Where I come from
Tryin' to make a livin'
Oh, where I come from
Where I come from
Yeah, where I come from
Get back down there sometime
Where I come from

Mr_Vango

Seasoned Expediter
Actually not a thing wrong with Appalachian whites /hillbilly's being of that stock myself thank you.

Just got mad at all these so called experts (know it alls) like the one I posted about belittling this man.. Here is blowing off steam and all of these great hugh profit making expediters attack him like a bunch a school kids in a gang. Actually so sad adults have to act to this way.
I ask any of you over 18 what did this man do to have the words ...BE A MAN, COWBOY UP and other garbage labeled on him?
He just stated simple facts about his life and what he his going through. If I was in group and not knowing where my next meal would be and some jerk says I will give you a warm hug, they would probably hug the floor real quick.
I know what it is like to suffer out here. I talked to people from all carriers and honestly every one is hurting, some are losing their trucks, and vans. Others are selling them for the balanced owed.. Panther, TriState, Express, are all hurting and so are the drivers. Even the company suck ups are.Plenty here I see.
I just pointed out it is wrong attacking this man, like a bunch of dogs on a stray cat. You never know who, what, or where the person is they are attacking period. Just because they think they can hide behind a computer screen doesn't mean they can't be found out.
Threat NO common sense yes.
Every one of you who attacked this man should be a MAN or WOMAN and apologise to him. He was just looking for a soundboard and he gets attacked . You people that attacked him should be ashamed of yourselves.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Every one of you who attacked this man should be a MAN or WOMAN and apologise to him. He was just looking for a soundboard and he gets attacked . You people that attacked him should be ashamed of yourselves.

Maybe you should take your own advice Mr Vango,was that not you who was attacking another member here that did not even have a post in this thread.

It is laughable to see people complaining on here about the very thing that they themselves are doing.:mad:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
To Mr. chi-batman, if you feel that any of my post were in any way an attack on you then I do apologize. My posts were meant as nothing more than helpful advice.

To Mr-Vango, Your anger is very mis-placed in this thread and your scathing remarks to the other people who have tried to be helpful with advice for chi-batman were completely uncalled for. I can understand that you may not like some of the things that others have posted in this thread, but none of it was mean, insulting, rude or otherwise. It is just different people's opinions and perspectives of chi-batman's posts. Disagreeing with other people's posts is one thing but your remarks are just a way to incite more flame and anger remarks from others. I will add you to my "ignore" list. Have a nice day! :)

DougTravels

Not a Member
Mine was probably mean, insulting and rude but other than that I think it was ok.-DougTravels.

And why, in the story thread didn't I think of typing -layoutshooter after everything he said , then others coulda said "why do you keep saying your name?"

Last edited:

jsbiker

Seasoned Expediter
OMG Doug i was starting to thing i was the only one MMMMM
nice to see more of us around that are loud, obnoxious and opinionated and a lot more that i can not post :cool::)

Mr_Vango

Seasoned Expediter
To Mr. chi-batman, if you feel that any of my post were in any way an attack on you then I do apologize. My posts were meant as nothing more than helpful advice.
(someone feels guilty) lol

To Mr-Vango, Your anger is very mis-placed in this thread and your scathing remarks to the other people who have tried to be helpful with advice for chi-batman were completely uncalled for. I can understand that you may not like some of the things that others have posted in this thread, but none of it was mean, insulting, rude or otherwise. It is just different people's opinions and perspectives of chi-batman's posts. Disagreeing with other people's posts is one thing but your remarks are just a way to incite more flame and anger remarks from others. I will add you to my "ignore" list. Have a nice day! :)

WOW Punish me on your ignore list oooooooooo. I never once mentioned your name on my posting. Not once. When someone tells a man who is suffering, has nothing, doesn't know if he is going to eat that day and tells him (ACT LIKE A MAN ) among other things. I am sure that is a real friendly nice way to help him :rolleyes:
And yes many of the postings of the feral dogs attacking the cat were very mean, rude, and insulting. (if you don't belong in this pack you should not feel guilty) or for that matter why defend the pack?:confused:
Maybe its because you have never been in his position (I have) maybe you don't understand it..I hope you and all the rest NEVER have to be in his place. It is so much fun hmmm gas or food.Maybe I might get one run I actually make more then $50.00 in five days. O wait I need gas in the van to dead head or heck something more the free Wendy's crackers would taste so good.
It does build character maybe the know it alls who belittled and laughed at chi-batman maybe they should have it like this man does.Maybe it might humble them a little. Maybe they can wipe some of that brown stuff of their noses and smell reality for once.
As Hank3 says (if the shoe fits wear it ,if the truth hurts bare it);)

Mr_Vango

Seasoned Expediter
Here is one for you to.
Last summer I was at the T/A in South Nashville. A girl was hired on by a van fleet owner.We got to talking she was new got no help from fleet owner paid for the fuel herself was flat broke except 1/4 tank of fuel.
Not to trying to toot my own horn so to say,,but should I have just giving her all the great advice thats spewed here? Ya like Cowboy up hahah Be a Woman duuuh hahahah..Yea all that would really helped a human being trying to do the best she could with what she had..
No unlike the great advice here I told her about the better areas to go, bought her dinner, gave her a shower coupon and when she was not looking put $25. dollars in her purse and said good by. She kept in touch here and there she finally got out of it about three months ago.
I can remember some guy in Cat van gave me a $20 no strings attached to eat on..He didn't tell me to BE A MAN..
So hard anymore to comprehend such indifference to another human....

miker

Seasoned Expediter
WOW Punish me on your ignore list oooooooooo. I never once mentioned your name on my posting. Not once. When someone tells a man who is suffering, has nothing, doesn't know if he is going to eat that day and tells him (ACT LIKE A MAN ) among other things. I am sure that is a real friendly nice way to help him :rolleyes:
And yes many of the postings of the feral dogs attacking the cat were very mean, rude, and insulting. (if you don't belong in this pack you should not feel guilty) or for that matter why defend the pack?:confused:
Maybe its because you have never been in his position (I have) maybe you don't understand it..I hope you and all the rest NEVER have to be in his place. It is so much fun hmmm gas or food.Maybe I might get one run I actually make more then $50.00 in five days. O wait I need gas in the van to dead head or heck something more the free Wendy's crackers would taste so good.
It does build character maybe the know it alls who belittled and laughed at chi-batman maybe they should have it like this man does.Maybe it might humble them a little. Maybe they can wipe some of that brown stuff of their noses and smell reality for once.

I think that somene could use some anger management classes!
Buddy you have gotten things all wrong here, there is not anyone on here that treats people like you are saying that they are being treated. The people on here have always been helpful, but they will give you the entire story be it good or bad. there going to give it to ya straight whether you want to hear it or not. I think that you should step back, take a closer look by reading back through previous post and you'll find that there are some very helpful people on here that want to help someone succeed, and I think that you'll also find someone with an attitude such as yours dont really stick around here too much , I think that your attack on insannka (or however you spell her user ID ) for trying to apologize for something that she didnt do was uncalled for, she was just trying to be nice, so if your going to continue with the crusade while being completely rude, I think that I speak for everyone when I say that we would just prefer that you move on.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
(someone feels guilty) lol

Not in the least. I have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. How about you?

I never once mentioned your name on my posting. Not once.

Not directly, but you did attack everyone who had posted responses to chi-batman, so in a round about way you did mention me.

When someone tells a man who is suffering, has nothing, doesn't know if he is going to eat that day and tells him (ACT LIKE A MAN ) among other things. I am sure that is a real friendly nice way to help him :rolleyes:

And where exactly was this said to chi-batman? YoungSamuel said "...I stated before I have three beautiful girls counting on daddy to "SUCK IT UP AND BE A MAN!!!!!" He was talking about himself there, not chi-batman. You took his words out of context and used them to attack everyone who has responded to this thread.

And yes many of the postings of the feral dogs attacking the cat were very mean, rude, and insulting.

Could you please provide me with examples of the very mean, rude and insulting remarks that were made? I have read this entire thread 3 times tonight and still can't find the posts that you are referring to.

(if you don't belong in this pack you should not feel guilty) or for that matter why defend the pack?:confused:

I don't feel guilty about anything. I haven't done anything wrong and neither has anyone else who responded.

To use your own words, DO you know anything about ME? Where I have been? What I have been through? What happened in MY life? Or any of the others who have posted on this thread? Why are you assuming that we don't understand?

It does build character maybe the know it alls who belittled and laughed at chi-batman maybe they should have it like this man does. Maybe it might humble them a little.

Again, please direct me to the posts that were made where people belittled and laughed at chi-man. I guess I am missing something.

Maybe they can wipe some of that brown stuff of their noses and smell reality for once.

Ummm.. hmmm.. that statement doesn't seem to have any bearing on what you are ranting about at all, other than to be an attempt at a jibe in the side of.... who?

Ok, I guess if Hank3 says it then he must believe it. I can't say that I believe it because I don't know Hank3.

Last edited:

Mr_Vango

Seasoned Expediter
I think that somene could use some anger management classes!
Buddy you have gotten things all wrong here, there is not anyone on here that treats people like you are saying that they are being treated. The people on here have always been helpful, but they will give you the entire story be it good or bad. there going to give it to ya straight whether you want to hear it or not. I think that you should step back, take a closer look by reading back through previous post and you'll find that there are some very helpful people on here that want to help someone succeed, and I think that you'll also find someone with an attitude such as yours dont really stick around here too much , I think that your attack on insannka (or however you spell her user ID ) for trying to apologize for something that she didnt do was uncalled for, she was just trying to be nice, so if your going to continue with the crusade while being completely rude, I think that I speak for everyone when I say that we would just prefer that you move on.

Maybe you should reread my post again

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ok y'all here is the real story of the hillbilly, just so y'all know....

The origins of the term "hillbilly" are obscure. According to Anthony Harkins in Hillbilly: A Cultural History of an American Icon, the term first appeared in print in a 1900 New York Journal article, with the definition: "a Hill-Billie is a free and untrammeled white citizen of Alabama, who lives in the hills, has no means to speak of, dresses as he can, talks as he pleases, drinks whiskey when he gets it, and fires off his revolver as the fancy takes him."

The Appalachian region was largely settled in the 1700s by the Scotch-Irish, the majority of whom originated in the lowlands of Scotland. Harkins believes the most credible theory of the term's origin is that it derives from the linkage of two older Scottish expressions, "hill-folk" and "billie" which was a synonym for "fellow", similar to "guy" or "bloke".

Although the term is not documented until 1900, there have been many conjectural etymologies for the term, including:

The term originated in 17th century Ireland for Protestant supporters of King William of Orange.[citation needed] Roman Catholic King James II landed at Kinsale in Ireland in 1689 and began to raise a Catholic army in an attempt to regain the British throne. Protestant King William III, Prince of Orange, led an English counterforce into Ireland and defeated James II at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690. A significant portion of William III's army was composed of Protestants of Scottish descent (Planters) who had been settled on land confiscated from Catholics in Ulster, the northernmost of the four provinces of Ireland. The southern Irish Catholic supporters of James II referred to these northern Protestant supporters of King William as Billy Boys[citation needed] — Billy being an abbreviation of William.
The term in the United States was conferred during the early 18th century by the occupying British soldiers as a carry over from the Irish term, in referring to Scots-Irish immigrants of mainly Presbyterian origin, dwelling in the frontier areas of the Appalachian Mountains.[citation needed] These Protestant Irish colonists brought their cultural traditions with them when they immigrated. Many of their stories, songs, and ballads dealt with the history of their Ulster and Lowland Scot homelands, especially relating the tale of the Protestant King William III, Prince of Orange.
Many of the settlers in the Appalachian mountains were of German origin and were named Wilhelm with the short form Willy, a common German name during that time. Those Wilhelms, who went by Bill or Billy, living in the Appalachian Mountains became known as hillbillies, that is Bills who lived in the hills.[citation needed]
The term emerged as a derogatory nickname given by the coastal plain-dwelling Southerners to the hill-dwelling settlers of Eastern Tennessee, Western Virginia (including modern West Virginia), and Eastern Kentucky, many of whom were ambivalent to the Confederacy during the American Civil War.[citation needed]
Harkins theorizes that use of the term outside the Appalachians arose in the years after the American Civil War, when the Appalachian region became increasingly bypassed by technological and social changes taking place in the rest of the country. Until the Civil War, the Appalachians were not significantly different from other rural areas of the country, but after the war, as the frontier pushed further west, the Appalachian country retained its frontier character, and the people themselves came to be seen as backward, quick to violence, and inbred in their isolation. Fueled by news stories of mountain feuds, such as that in the 1880s between the Hatfields and McCoys, the hillbilly stereotype developed in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.

The "classic" hillbilly stereotype - the poor, ignorant, feuding family with a huge brood of children tending the family moonshine still - reached its current characterization during the years of the Great Depression, when many mountaineers left their homes to find work in other areas of the country. It was during these years that comic strips such as Lil' Abner and films such as The Grapes of Wrath made the "hillbilly" a common American stereotype.

The advent of the interstate highway system and television brought many previously isolated communities into mainstream United States culture in the 1950s and 1960s. The Internet continues this integration, but many communities with relatively traditional lifestyles remain throughout the Appalachian region

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
oh I forgot one other thing.....

Slang Use
The term hillbilly is commonly used in non-Appalachian areas as a reference in describing socially backward people that fit certain "hillbilly" characteristics. In this context, it is often (though not always) derogatory. Although the described person may not reside in a region that has hills of any kind, it is substituted in place of more disparaging terms like white trash. In urban usage, it is sometimes used interchangeably for terms like Redneck or hick.

And all this time I thought it meant a "Michagan Farmer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.