Engine swap

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Looking to see if anyone has done a complete engine and transmission swap in " m2 106 " ? Trying to get an idea on labor hours and cost. I already have the new engine and tranny lined up . Mercedes 9 series with an Eaton 6sp.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Book time on the engine is 40 hours, in and out. Can't imagine the tranny adding but maybe two or three more. Both can be pulled together and split/put back together on the floor/cradle. That's a Freightliner and Detroit shop price. Anyone worth their salt should be able to get it done at least a quarter or third of the time sooner.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Book time on the engine is 40 hours, in and out. Can't imagine the tranny adding but maybe two or three more. Both can be pulled together and split/put back together on the floor/cradle. That's a Freightliner and Detroit shop price. Anyone worth their salt should be able to get it done at least a quarter or third of the time sooner.

Ty sir , I forgot to mention were swapping in an Allison automatic with new engine , gotta remove the manual transmission parts etc.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Jacksonville Florida my friend. ( needed a break from the hino purgatory I've been in these last few weeks )

At least it's warm there.

I think everyone wants to hear the story about that gear shim.