Empty Nester's NEW Career!!!!

jackieg

Active Expediter
Can't BELIEVE its FINALLY here!!! Sold the House&Business in Buffalo NY, married off the baby of the family (who will be taking the family dog with HER!) got our HazMat/tanker tests passed AND Bought our HOME in Tennessee!!!! Ready (almost) for the Long ROAD!!!! Can't WAIT for the Expo in Ohio next week!!!! Hard to BELIEVE its been over a year since we started putting our plan in place! Hope to meet some of you on Friday and thanks for reaching your hand of friendship out to us! Joe&Jackie G. 4.jpg

Monty

Expert Expediter
Look me up Joe ..... I think we spoke at the last Expo ..... seems Lawrence has banned me to the outside entrance with the RoadGorilla display ....

jackieg

Active Expediter
This is our first Expediting Expo in Ohio but we did attend the University in Tennessee earlier in the year! Learned A lot!

ppavone

Active Expediter
Congrats! My wife and I are on track to do the same thing. We are right down the road in Geneseo, NY and plan to retire next year. Last one in college now. We just got back from Nashville last week and would love to move there. We are also planning on going to the Expo next week.
Looking forward to reading about your new life!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Wow, looks like people can't flee NY fast enough. Sign me up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

jackieg

Active Expediter
THAT is Awesome so happy for you Both! It will be a lot of Hard work but we've still got Quite a few good years left in us~'I Think!' Good Luck to you BOTH! We like Nashville as well, but purchased a home in the Pigeon Forge Area... Love the Smoky Mountain View right outside our door!!!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
We know Utica-pass it often-looking forward to being in Tennessee FULL TIME!

My wife is in love with the Pigeon Forge and Knoxville area so that is likely where we will end up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

mwhitie

Active Expediter
My girlfriend and I was there over the fourth and loved it. She's been there 3 times in the last 6 months or so and it was my first time. We want to move there once her youngest turns 18 in about 2 years. Such an awesome place and everyone is so friendly too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums mobile app

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I love that area and hope to retire there someday myself - that is if there is room for an old, washed up Safety guy!

Looking forward to seeing and meeting all of you at the Expo.

Be safe in your travels.