Electric tea kettle

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Hot water - quick! Linda Caffee (better known as Linder) suggested an electric tea kettle for the truck. I have been heating water in my rice cooker for washing dishes, etc. The electric tea kettle is an amazing thing! I found mine at WalMart for about $14. It heats water immediately and I don't have to grab a dish towel to keep from getting burned. It is extremely light weight and has a great handle on top and a pour spout to direct the hot water when we are bouncing along I40 out West. It is a "must have" for the truck!!!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
No one is so old as the one who has outlived enthusiasm.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Bryan, I'm not sure about the inverter question. I checked the manual on the kettle but I don't see any info on it. Maybe someone who knows more about electrical stuff could help you. Sorry. ih

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
No one is so old as the one who has outlived enthusiasm.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We checked our tea kettle and it is 1000 watts we found that on the UL label. You need at least a 1000 watt inverter but I think 1200 would sure be better. The tea kettle heats water so fast we usually do not leave it plugged in long to wash dishes.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There is a GREAT site with a dumb name, Inverters R Us, that explains how to determine how much inverter you need for the watts, and a simple conversion formula for translating watts to amps & vice versa, and it explains that the peak/startup load can require much higher wattage than the run load. It is an education that all of us who are unfamiliar with inverters can use, in easy to understand terms. The biggest problem I have is finding the wattage on an appliance not meant for 12v usage - like small coffeemakers. It's sometimes stamped on the bottom, but you need a magnifying glass to read it, lol - luckily, I have one of those. ;)