E-Track on the floor of a Sprinter

klippencott

Expert Expediter
Has anyone mounted track on the floor of their Sprinter?

I would like to know how to deal with the area over the fuel tank? Did you have to drop the tank? Was there enough room between the tank and body (does not look like it) for a bolt, washer and nut?

I thought about mounting it on the walls but there is really no good place to put it there either.

Kathy

BoxerMegan

Expert Expediter
Yep, there's room. You want to put down two strips of e track about two and a half feet apart. With that layout, the bolts will come down just under the inside portion of the fuel tank where you can reach. There is about a four inch clearance between the top of the tank and the bottom of the floor. Just make sure your bolts are not too long.

vango

Expert Expediter
What size diam.bolts are needed? I found a place in Ft.Worth that sells e-trac for $20 for a 10ft piece,i'm having to install the e-trac also.There is a frame rail on the sides of the sprinter cargo wall about 2 ft up or so,you can screw the e-trac there.Kathy,theres a place in Dallas that does custom van conversions just of 75 and springvalley ,they can do almost anything,if you need info let me know.

usisde

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, you can install E-track into the Sprinter. Just as an example here are a couple of pictures from the Midway Specialities website that show how they installed E-Track on the floor and the side rails.

klippencott

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the help!

I got it installed. I used 1/4" X 1 1/4" bolts with a lock washer and nut under the van. I had plenty of room in most places. I used a stop on the drill bit so I would not drill through the fuel tank. I didn't have a helper so I used super glue on the bolt heads to keep them in place till I could install the nut and washer and tighten everything.
Kathy

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kathy, get a can of rubberized undercoating and spray every bolt head and the area around it. Undercoating is available at any auto parts store. Be careful it can be messy.