E-Trac Placement

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For the vanners out there.

Need to arrange my trac a little different. The spacing is such that freight gets hung up between the rails. Thinking of moving them inward and run the freight right on top of them. The plan is to have them 30" apart measuring from center of both tracks....inward.

This catches the occasional 30" pallet and 90% of the time I'm crossing two straps on the freight anyway. Loads do not tend to slide and we have the L trac along the wall at the 3 ft and 6 ft height. I use these for strapping the ends of the freight.

Could grab a couple of these for placing outside this framework.
E-Track Single Anchor Point<br>Product Code: SLZ35

What do you all do? Got it removed now so any response would be of value. Thanks

Go to my thread "Hazmats Ford TerraMaxx" and you can see how I handled the e trac... Your floor should be wood coated with a sprayliner material...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I need to add plywood. But I've had two GREAT loads that would not have fit if I had it. Both were "Sprinter" loads that were measured wrong. One was about 135x49" and the other was 115x49.25" or so. And they were 800+ miles each. And not "adjustable". "Oops, we didn't account for that big a$$ motor mounted on top".
About 25-35% of what I haul is posted as a Sprinter load. Probably why my average loaded mile $ is so high. Makes up for the excessive deadheading home I do each week. 
XCV with 144x52x49 @ 3189# rated capacity. No bulkhead, trimmed mat, no right seat, no floor surface. I just repaint the floor every 3 months. But the $1800+ off those two TALL loads more than pays for the two cans of paint quarterly. 

Well, if you have to unbolt the door latch from the top to get the freight in and out then you're a "real" expediter and have something to talk about. If they slide in and out without taking apart your van then ehh. :D ;)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Like it!! I was close on that foundry bucket conveyor out of GA to WI. And I had left my Truck Stretcher at home!!

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Go to my thread "Hazmats Ford TerraMaxx" and you can see how I handled the e trac... Your floor should be wood coated with a sprayliner material...

Thanks

Could you point me to where this is?

It's not so much a question of how to do it....as it is....should it be done. Seems that answer is a definitive yes. I'll be looking into it further, and probably complete it next trip home. All postings to this regard have been very helpful and if you can point toward that thread? All the better! :cool: :)

BTW, you still driving a Terra?

Last edited:

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks

Could you point me to where this is?

It's not so much a question of how to do it....as it is....should it be done. Seems that answer is a definitive yes. I'll be looking into it further, and probably complete it next trip home. All postings to this regard have been very helpful and if you can point toward that thread? All the better! :cool: :)

BTW, you still driving a Terra?

Went back into the Hazmat Business (someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse) and The Terra is parked in Missouri...