E Log Flaw

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Last weekend I dropped my wife off to pick up a rental car.
I logged her off the truck. This is Saturday.
I drove to a place and parked the truck. While waiting for my wife to arrive, I did Monday's bol and entered load number into logs.
We had a wonderful weekend away from the truck. Mon I did truck stuff and she took the car to get her physical.
We meet at the car rental place where I logged her back onto the truck. We then did the 3 day trip.
Tonight I noticed that that trip number does not show up in her history of loads. It DOES show up in my history.
She drove two of the three days of the trip.
I'll call Green tomorrow to be sure the load number shows up on her logs.
This would be a very cheesy way to get a violation.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Last weekend I dropped my wife off to pick up a rental car.
I logged her off the truck. This is Saturday.
I drove to a place and parked the truck. While waiting for my wife to arrive, I did Monday's bol and entered load number into logs.
We had a wonderful weekend away from the truck. Mon I did truck stuff and she took the car to get her physical.
We meet at the car rental place where I logged her back onto the truck. We then did the 3 day trip.
Tonight I noticed that that trip number does not show up in her history of loads. It DOES show up in my history.
She drove two of the three days of the trip.
I'll call Green tomorrow to be sure the load number shows up on her logs.
This would be a very cheesy way to get a violation.

That's kind of odd. Let us know what Green has to say about it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Yeah. I guess if you're not logged on the truck, you don't get included on the load.
One load, three days. We both drove on Mon and Tue.
I would have thought the Clink would be smart enough to figure she's doing the same load as I am.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I think, if you had entered numbers before logging her off,it would have worked. Maybe,I'm not positive. Can't you edit the log adding the numbers?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I agree. Going to edit now. Just wanted to let people know to hopefully avoid a future issue.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Why would you log her off the truck? I was told to only do that if an extended time off truck - like a medical leave. Why not just off duty and call disp and put drivers out of service?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I logged her off as she's driving a rental car. I'm driving the truck.
I think that's the proper way to do it..

aimeejos

Active Expediter
I would love to know the proper procedure here as Every time we have a weekend free we get a rental car and hotel room. What concerns me is that when you log off the truck it's both on the Qualcomm and also off the FedEx system- they will not show your wife associated with the truck. So what are the possible ramifications of that?

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Kind of in the same subject when you put a truck out of service for say taking a week off. Make sure they know you are also off. They can give you a random DOT drug test which if you were say on a cruise ship or had been to a wedding reception could be very ackward indeed.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kind of in the same subject when you put a truck out of service for say taking a week off. Make sure they know you are also off. They can give you a random DOT drug test which if you were say on a cruise ship or had been to a wedding reception could be very ackward indeed.

Always be 18 miles off shore, on Lake Erie, out of range of cell phones, no problem! LOL!! One cannot be "randomed" if they cannot be reached! LOL!!