Dynasys APU:Anyone have one??

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I don't have one but I am interested in others opinions of them.
Especially if you found a place that does financing.

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Had trouble with a new unit and another driver sent me to them for repair. They told me the thermostat wasn't installed properly so they removed the unit from the sleeper and replaced it. Worked on the truck for about 4 hours and didn't charge a dime. Man said it was factory mistake and warranty would take care of it . Never had a problem again. They are top notch people.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't have one but I am interested in others opinions of them.
Especially if you found a place that does financing.

Have you talked to your local bank? The business loan people? They financed mine. I do all of my business financing there. I talk with the same person each time. It helps to be on a one on one basis.

ciscoman

Rookie Expediter
Well I was expecting some negative reports because I can't say one good thing about the unit I have. When it is working properly, does not cool my 96" condo sleeper any cooler then high 70's in summertime heat during the day. In extremely hot days, lucky to get it below 80 degrees. The heater is actually too hot. And it is the loudest APU in the truck stop. You can hear it a block away. And now the worst part. In a little over 2 years due to install problems and mostly HVAC its been in the shop 11 times. The Tech people are helpful and show genuine concern but this doesn't make up for the lost revenue and aggravation when having to take it to the shop. Customer Care is apologetic. Big deal!!!!!! Anyway, all I can say to anyone considering one; BUYER BEWARE!!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Well I was expecting some negative reports because I can't say one good thing about the unit I have. When it is working properly, does not cool my 96" condo sleeper any cooler then high 70's in summertime heat during the day. In extremely hot days, lucky to get it below 80 degrees. The heater is actually too hot. And it is the loudest APU in the truck stop. You can hear it a block away. And now the worst part. In a little over 2 years due to install problems and mostly HVAC its been in the shop 11 times. The Tech people are helpful and show genuine concern but this doesn't make up for the lost revenue and aggravation when having to take it to the shop. Customer Care is apologetic. Big deal!!!!!! Anyway, all I can say to anyone considering one; BUYER BEWARE!!

11 times in 2 years? That's all? Hell my tripac has been in the shop 5 times this week for alternator failure.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My Carrier has been in the shop 5 times now, in less than a year, and it STILL does not perform as advertised. I JUST had it in two weeks ago. The A/C would only run on shore power for about 15 minute then it would shut down. They replaced something, can't remember what right now, and said that fixed it. It now runs for 30 minutes and shuts down. I will be putting BACK in the shop, AGAIN, next time I am home. This stuff just gets SO OLD! All this added expense, to cover bogus laws, AND THE CRAP DON'T WORK!! :mad: I could be a pretty good used car for 11K, WITH a working A/C!! What a racket!:mad:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Maybe these are the reasons why we still don't have one. Can't afford the upfront costs and then the downtime for repairs.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe these are the reasons why we still don't have one. Can't afford the upfront costs and then the downtime for repairs.

This is the second one on this truck. The first was total junk, the second sort of works. When on diesel, both the heat and A/C work. Both are ALMOST enough to do the job, but not quite. Nothing I can do about the weak A/C. Heat I got covered. The 6000W generator is enough to both run the heat AND a cube heater.

The shorepower charging works, the heat does too. The A/C has not worked on shorepower since I got it.

SHOOT! They had to replace wiring harnesses BEFORE I even got the truck home with it on!