Driving in parts of pa

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Driving in pa sometimes is a pain , before you can go north,you drive south before you can drive north

ROBERTO PEREZ

New Recruit
Driver
Talking about PA routes, I was driving in PA coming from OH, and I went around two tunnels because I was hauling hazards, the distpach told me to take route 30E.... That was a nightmare, I spend about 4 1/2 hours just to get aound.

Anybody knows a better route two avoid the tunnels in PA with hazmat?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talking about PA routes, I was driving in PA coming from OH, and I went around two tunnels because I was hauling hazards, the distpach told me to take route 30E.... That was a nightmare, I spend about 4 1/2 hours just to get aound.

Nope 30 is it. I don't run that far into PA

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your dispatcher should have been shot, telling you to use 30! Two lanes, mountains, little towns? It's hella out of the way, but I'd probably use 68 in WV and MD, to 81. At least it's interstate.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Sure that is easy 70 to 79 south to 68 to 70 to 81 if your heading to Mechanicsburg Pa. no tolls, no tunnels and all highway!!

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
was in east Strousburg pa this past week end for you to get back to where you started form , you could only go one way, to store and back one way, there were no 2 way streets

tknight

Veteran Expediter
[QUOTI E="geo, post: 788799, member: 30"]was in east Strousburg pa this past week end for you to get back to where you started form , you could only go one way, to store and back one way, there were no 2 way streets[/QUOTE]n the ass with a large truck too