Drivers Solutions and Expedite Solutions

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck out there Cat.....and keep up the positive attitude. I am sure you will do just fine. It appears as if you are a major asset to ES.

-Charlotte

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
>Well, I'm either not making myself understood, or there's
>just no way anyone on this board is going to listen to
>someone who's having a positive experience with a company
>you all seem to dislike so much...I looked at all of our
>settlements, counted up pay, bonuses, FSC, costs, etc., and
>I'm making in the same ball park you guys are describing..
>
>Jaminjim, sarcasm is hardly helpful, and I've looked over my
>posts to check my own tone and can't see why you're coming
>off that way...unless you're just determined that I'm wrong
>and you're right...whatever.
>
>Like I've been saying, I'm not out to defend ES, just
>reporting a good experience in balance to the negatives
>posted here. And you guys are just determined that I can't
>possibly be having as good an outcome as I'm describing.
>We'll have to agree to differ on that point...be assured
>though, that if I should find myself regretting our
>decision, I'll be sure to be honest and say so, right here
>in front of God and everybody...cause that's what this board
>is supposed to be about, isn't it?
>
>Back to work now, got a border to cross.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
======================================================================

Not trying to sarcastic, but it did come off that way. So, sorry for that tone with you. You seem to be well spoken, and you seem to have thought things thru more than most people who have entered into this life style, and that is why i did not think you needed as much "hand holding" as you think you did.

If you are having what you feel is a positve experience with them, and you are content, that is far more important than what anyone says or thinks.

The reason I am so negative about them stems from the time I spent with the team that I mentioned earlier. They were a hard working couple that could not make a living running for that company. Yes I will agree that they made some mistakes, but not of the type that would blow anybody out of the water.

Please reread the two posts from Dave and Char., and if your pay
is anywhere near $3,384.00 before you add in the fsc. and you pay for the fuel, then your pay per mile is Okay, not great but good enough. great would be $3,807.00. Then add in weather or not you get 100% of the fuel surcharge if you get all of it then your doing very well, if you only get a percent of the fsc your not being treated as well as most of the other drivers.

Then you must look at the deductions at the end of the week/month. Thats where I have my problem with them, but I don't run for them so I will try to keep my big mouth more on the upbeat side.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The FSC average is based on the first quarter of this year. At 2404 on 4700 miles, a 60 percent deal would be 3384 and 893 for FSC if I use .19 cents for an average. That would be 4277 minus the 1556.75 for fuel.
That leaves 2720.25 on a 1.20 rate. That is a difference of 316.25 per week
On a 1.30 rate, that difference would be 598.25

On a 30 day period, the deadhead would have to be huge to equal 2393
or 1265 respective dollars in fuel. In our case, the driver gets 100 percent of the empty move, but we haven't had to use them this year as of yet.
Over the period of a year, that is a pretty substantal difference.
Just really different ways of operating.
I do agree with Jim, those extra deductions must have been huge.
The good news is, your up and running and happy.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
The key is how many empty miles a driver has to go for a load....giving up 100 miles deadhead to a load means that they probably have a minimum of 300 miles a week in unpaid deadhead...and that is I think low...DH is running about 19% atm. This is without taking into consideration moving empty....I think last mt move offer to come out of flrida was 467 miles for 43$. I guess we decided to do it the way we do after talking to drivers who had paid for their own fuel and did not like having to figure in all that cost for dh and mt moves out of their pay per week. I am gonna bet you make more per truck than we do when i look at the empty miles we eat, but it is not worth it to me to have them pay for their own fuel....if they want to they can and they know that...they have just opted not to.

-charlotte

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There are other factors to consider of course. But say for example your unpaid miles are double at 600 (which is pretty high as an average) you would pay 198.75
That is assuming the driver made 0 dollars on empty moves and DHing. One usually would at least see something on the DHing.

On 600 miles I figured 8 a gallon @ 2.65 per gallon.

That is still a huge number for the driver to throw away every month.
You are right though, I probably do make out alittle better because when the drivers pay the fuel, they are more proactive in locating frieght so little DHing, and don't run the truck hard. I in the end wind up with much less mainentance issues and both parties benefit.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator