Drivers Lounge

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow you sure don't understand the value of such things.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Probably not Xiggi....personally our lounge has no value to me....BUT that is ME...at most I'd have a Micro available in a common spot that office and dispatch uses....that is it......O/O's can fend for themselves...they'll just dirty it, break it, steal it and expect more....fact of life.....they can appreciate me when their paycheck doesn't bounce even more...

Last edited:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
if I were a carrier...NO drivers room....not for O/O's.....just a waste of good office space....really...nope, nada ....

Wow you sure don't understand the value of such things.

Probably not.....at most I'd have a Micro available in a common spot that office and dispatch uses....that is it......O/O's can fend for themselves...they'll just dirty it, break it, steal it and expect more....fact of life.....

Words from a newly appointed....Ah Hem.........Manager...........

HHmmm................:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Words from a newly appointed....Ah Hem.........Manager...........

HHmmm................:p

Not quite.....I just don't use the room...BUT others really like it....that is just the differences between people....OUR shower well that is really appreciated....I use it and help keep it clean.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Well............Uummm..............

Back to Drivers Lounges...................

Does any of the Major Carriers out there off Full Service Lounges like a couple of the RV Transport Companies do??

At Hoosier.......the basement of their building was a Huge Drivers lounge....Had a little Kitchenette area, a TV Room, a Bunkhouse with like 1/2 a dozen bunk beds, and a Bathroom area with 3 Shower Stalls.

I believe Horizon had sort of a Similar Set Up.............

Just wondering if the Major Expedite Carriers took care of their Contractors in the same way when they were there at their Main Headquarters...............

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hooser and Horizon the RV carriers? I can see them having a bunk area...must get cramped sleeping in that P/U truck....I'd just have a discount at a local motel and get them a room for the night....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you reading something different?.....LOL.......all I said was I wouldn't have a lounge and it took a life of its own.....gee whiz...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Probably not Xiggi....personally our lounge has no value to me....BUT that is ME...at most I'd have a Micro available in a common spot that office and dispatch uses....that is it......O/O's can fend for themselves...they'll just dirty it, break it, steal it and expect more....fact of life.....they can appreciate me when their paycheck doesn't bounce even more...

So, is the Load 1 lounge [which is almost as nice as in the photo] been ruined in the 3 years since it was created? Last time I peeked in, it still looked pretty nice.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope and don't think anything has been stolen either.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, is the Load 1 lounge [which is almost as nice as in the photo] been ruined in the 3 years since it was created? Last time I peeked in, it still looked pretty nice.

the last part of that statement was a generality NOT specific to the first part......

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Calling it a fact of life pretty much states it will always happen every time.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol its OK have some coffee.