Dr Phil said this....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
You can choose to be right...or you can choose to be happy. I vote for the latter -- but hey, it's your call. The next time you get frustrated with your results, though, look in the mirror and ask yourself, "How's that working for you?"

The world needs to look at themselves in the mirror and ask that question.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can choose to be right...or you can choose to be happy. I vote for the latter -- but hey, it's your call. The next time you get frustrated with your results, though, look in the mirror and ask yourself, "How's that working for you?"

The world needs to look at themselves in the mirror and ask that question.

Would that not kinda depend on the situation?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I was just thinking,,WW2 is over and stayed over. The Europeans are not blowing themselves to bits as do our acquaintances in the Middle East. Now, blaming someone for their problems does not help. The ME guys have been fussing and bombing since time on end. He took my wife, he got my camel, he took my well, blah, blah , blah. I know,its more complicated then that, here a tribe, there a tribe, everywhere a tribe tribe, but , hey hows that working for them now?

PS- Europe has stopped the big war stuff,,,why can't the M.E. ? I know,,its complicated ,(sighing).

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I was just thinking,,WW2 is over and stayed over. The Europeans are not blowing themselves to bits as do our acquaintances in the Middle East. Now, blaming someone for their problems does not help. The ME guys have been fussing and bombing since time on end. He took my wife, he got my camel, he took my well, blah, blah , blah. I know,its more complicated then that, here a tribe, there a tribe, everywhere a tribe tribe, but , hey hows that working for them now?

PS- Europe has stopped the big war stuff,,,why can't the M.E. ? I know,,its complicated ,(sighing).

Only way to have true peace is to crush the enemy, just ask Germany and Japan.

sent from my Galaxy S3

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Only way to have true peace is to crush the enemy, just ask Germany and Japan.

sent from my Galaxy S3

There was no "True" peace after WWII. There has not been "True" peace for several hundred years, if ever. Peace is not just the absence of war.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
There was no "True" peace after WWII. There has not been "True" peace for several hundred years, if ever. Peace is not just the absence of war.
y3u4a5at.jpg

Peace*is an occurrence of harmony characterized by lack of violence, conflict behaviors and the freedom from fear of violence.

I don't recall either of these countries starting another conflict.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
y3u4a5at.jpg

Peace*is an occurrence of harmony characterized by lack of violence, conflict behaviors and the freedom from fear of violence.

I don't recall either of these countries starting another conflict.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Peace is not determined by the idea that one, or two, countries did not "start" another conflict. The fact is, there is ALWAYS conflict on this planet, always one, or more governments, murdering their own people, attacking a neighbor(s) etc, therefore, there is never peace. Also both Germany, and Japan, participated in the "Cold War" and people died, as they do in every war.

Until the day that NO government on this planet, is waging war, on it's own people, or peoples from other countries, will there be peace.

I contend, that this planet will never be devoid of war.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . Europe has stopped the big war stuff,,,why can't the M.E. ? I know,,its complicated ,(sighing).
Ummmmm, Think again.

[h=2]21st century[edit][/h]

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Two Cold Wars? First one did not start until 1958?

What the heck was this then? :confused:

[h=1]Berlin Airlift[/h]
"On June 15, 1948, the Soviets declared the Autobahn closed, and established roadblocks to prevent Berliners from fleeing the city. Within a week, all traffic between the various sectors of the city was halted. On Jun 21, river barge traffic was outlawed. Two days later, all railroads into and out of West Berlin were closed. Berliners were then at the mercy of the Soviet government to provide food and supplies. On June 24, 1948, the Soviets announced that they would not supply food to residents outside of the Soviet controlled sector. With all other means of transport cut-off, Britain and the United States, with the help of France, organized a massive airlift to feed and supply the sectors of West Berlin under their control."

Read more: Berlin Airlift - The Soviet blockade, Military airlift operations

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The '56 uprising in Hungary was part of the Cold War, so was the Chezch uprising in '68. As were several other "minor" problems like the Korean Conflict and Vietnam.

That right though, NO where has been "free and clear" of war, nor will that ever likely happen.