down time reimbursement

csny42

Seasoned Expediter
In general...what should I expect an insurance company who offers a "down time" endorsement to pay..say my truck was struck by a unit from another carrier while I was parked causing my unit to be out of service for 18 days and in the shop for 15 of those days. My insurance company says their "down time" endorsement only pays for the days the unit was actually BEING REPARED-starting with the day they OK the repairs but not while unit being evaluated. They only want to pay for 10 days. The endorsement on my policy only says downtime $200/day thirty day max. Is this typical and all I should expect? Any thoughts appreciated!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
In general...what should I expect an insurance company who offers a "down time" endorsement to pay..say my truck was struck by a unit from another carrier while I was parked causing my unit to be out of service for 18 days and in the shop for 15 of those days. My insurance company says their "down time" endorsement only pays for the days the unit was actually BEING REPARED-starting with the day they OK the repairs but not while unit being evaluated. They only want to pay for 10 days. The endorsement on my policy only says downtime $200/day thirty day max. Is this typical and all I should expect? Any thoughts appreciated!!

It will specify in your policy.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think so.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
When our truck was hit by another truck we called his insurance. They paid for hotel food car rental tow bill and 200 a day.