DOT Physicals

Jean1968

New Recruit
Driver
Did anyone have to bend over and touch the ground with their feet only shoulder width apart or did anyone have to bend at the knees and do what is called a "duck walk"?
The reason I am asking is I need t get a DOT physical to apply at the carrier I want to work for.

Thanks,
Jean1968

Jean1968

New Recruit
Driver
I had a DOT Physical in August 2016 and I didn't have to any of that. My fiancee just had his 3rd DOT Physical a few months ago and said that I would have to not only bend over and touch the floor and also do the "duck walk".
I have checked all over including the ruling of the FMCSA on DOT Physicals and it didn't have either one of those things listed, that was the reason for my question. Thanks fir helping me out, I appreciated it.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had a DOT Physical in August 2016 and I didn't have to any of that. My fiancee just had his 3rd DOT Physical a few months ago and said that I would have to not only bend over and touch the floor and also do the "duck walk".
I have checked all over including the ruling of the FMCSA on DOT Physicals and it didn't have either one of those things listed, that was the reason for my question. Thanks fir helping me out, I appreciated it.

And of course, there can be a great variance between examiners with the same test.
Some seem to like to poke and prod a lot, while others just sign and next :rolleyes:

Jean1968

New Recruit
Driver
I have to agree that some examiners like to poke and prod. when my fiancee had his last DOT Physical the examiner wouldn't give him a medical card until he went to his regular doctor to prove his A1C was low enough to get his medical card. He has type 1 diabetes and the FMCSA ruled that anyone with diabetes if they weren't using insulin, could get a pass on a DOT Physical. the examiner was just a b***** anyway and the nurse she had was even worse, she broke HIPPA rules by disclosing something to my fiancee about another patient. she also lied to my fiancee and she said "I did a finger stick on you and your sugar was 475" first of all she did not do a finger stick on my fiancee and hie sugar was not that high, it was down to about 130 or something which is low enough for an A1C to be low around a 7. An A1C tests a diabetics blood every 3 months to see if the meds if any are working.

Sorry about the rant but I understand about different examiners. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Diabetes and insulin are allowed with a proper FMCSA form completed by your endocrinologist that certifies that you have demonstrated the ability to manage and document your treatment program and your levels are properly controlled

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Jean1968

New Recruit
Driver
My fiancee does not use insulin, he takes metformin and glipizide and it keeps his sugar within the range it needs to be in.