DOT Inspection forms.

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
For everybody FYI. I just found out today, the inspection does not have to be on a Fed Ex CC form. After having an inspection done at a Speedco on Saturday and they would not fill out the FECC form. (long story there). Safety took Speedco's form.

And ALL this time I thought we had to have the inspections done on FECC's paperwork.

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
No Certification of Brake Inspector ?

According to Speedco corp, (I ended up called them direct) it was in the paperwork they printed out and they were suppose to fill it out, but the location would not even do that. You would think that getting an inspection done would be simple, but it is turning into a nightmare. I am suppose to follow up tomorrow because the guy that did the inspection on Saturday is not going to be back to work till then. Speedco is a real PITA to deal with.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Your second post would make one think that while FedEx "took" the Speedco form maybe they are not "accepting" the Speedco form.
Let us know two things when you're done.
How it turns out.
AND
Would you do it this way again ?

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Once I got into my van I just went for my mandatory state inspection every 6 months even though it's annual for the state. The inspection place thought I was strange but it worked and was cheaper than driving 60 miles round trip to the T/A for a more expensive inspection.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We just had our inspection done at a SpeedCo but I printed out all of our forms. The problem we ran into is that I sent in forms over QC scanner and for some reason they were not applied to the truck. The QC said everything arrived fine so I did not follow up as I usually do. It took one phone call and the forms were found and everything turned our fine.

I also thought we could only use our forms so this is interesting.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
I normally get my DOT inspection done at speedco they won't fill out the first sheet as they have their own but the brake inspection sheet they always fill out for me.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The OP was supposed to follow up 5 days ago, but has disappeared.

Is he O/S waiting on a proper inspection ?

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
OK here is the update.

After calling Speedco customer service. on the 28th Tuesday (the manager in charge the day that I had the inspection done made it CLEAR to me to call corporate office) I was told by Todd (the corporate person) that he would take care getting of getting the brake inspection form to Fed EX. The guy that needed to fill out the form was not going to be to work till Thursday. I got busy until Tuesday and when I checked with safety they had got the form but it was filled out wrong. (Fed Ex safety (Betty) told me they had made 3 calls them them because the form was not filled out by the right guy) I called back to Speedco Corp, Todd. and he told me the local store faxed the form. I told him that they may have faxed the form but it was filled out by the wrong guy I also told Todd HE as the corporate rep should have followed up to make sure that the problem was fixed and it was not. I wanted to talk to HIS boss. (I left a message on on the OWNERS mailbox, no I have not heard from him) Todd told me he would e-mail me a copy of the form and I could do anything I wanted with the form. I gave him my e-mail address. After an hour I did not receive anything.
I decided to call Capital One my credit card company where the charge was made to file a complaint and get my money back. I ended up in a 3 way call with a rep from Capital One (very very helpful ) and the local store manager. He told me they faxed it last week. Told him it was filled out wrong.) He could not find the form so another one had to be filled out and the guy that needed to fill out the form would not be back to work till Thursday. I told him that my inspection was due by Friday night and it needed to be done before then.
So here on Thursday I checked and the Fed got it.
Point here, When Todd told me he would e-mail the form I thought he had a copy right there, he lied.

Another point that I told Todd. When I went into the office I put BOTH forms on the counter and said the inspection NEEDED to be on THESE (Fed Ex) forms. PLUS I had In MY HAND last inspection on FED EX forms from the Speedco in West Memphis. I don't know what else I could have done???

Point is it took almost 2 weeks many phone calls LOTS of aggravation. From the way I see it not only did the local store fail to give me the service I had clearly asked for but the corporate service rep did NOT do his job.