dot insp cost

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
Have been paying $85 for DOT insp for my van. Was in GA today and stopped at a Goodyear garage on the Pilot lot and got the insp done for $29.99
There is a big difference there. I had no idea.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
As long as you feel it was a qualified wrench that looked your truck over. Good price for sure.

Being it was at the Pilot I would check your C/card statement and make sure it wasnt $129.99 :)

sewmun

Seasoned Expediter
I've been paying $50.00 for my straight truck @ Dan's truck in Perrysburg,Oh & need to get it next week.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have a local mechanic that you use regularly you could get the DOT inspection done for free. When my van is in for a brake job, I will have them do a DOT inspection. Even if I have 3 or 4 months left on the current one. As long as the van is going up on the lift, might as well DOT it. I have the form all filled out with the stuff that doesn't apply properly marked and don't get charged. Just make sure the work order and receipt show a DOT inspection.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
...and don't forget that a clean Level 1 Roadside inspection with no violations can also be used in lieu of the Annual Vehicle Inspection.

Those are free!

Hope this helps.

drifter

Expert Expediter
A dot inspection for a van..Just be careful they don't tell you that you have a bad brake chamber or you have too much play in your fifth wheel

Last edited: