Dopplar radar app

Kristi

Active Expediter
Being that I don't have internet all the time I went to the Google Play store on my phone and found an app that shows real time dopplar radar. It works of your phones GPS and pulls up the general area you're in.

The app is called Instant Radar. Its a free app. If you check it out let me know what you think. Also if you have any other useful apps I'm open for suggestions.

Kristi

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Kristi

Active Expediter
Ok Raindar is the way to go. Thank u Kyle for that.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Completely free with no adds, it also uses Google maps to pull up your location, you can also go to the settings and turn on storm tracks, or traffic so you can see if the weather is impacting traffic! You can also change more settings but that's all I've changed in it....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Yup I also used instant radar before, but Raindar is much better in my opinion. I like the fact I can zoom in and out, heck you can look at the whole country if you want to

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Oh and another good widget to have is the weather channel, you can set it up to follow your location and to notify you of weather watches and warnings in your area.

Kristi

Active Expediter
Oh and another good widget to have is the weather channel, you can set it up to follow your location and to notify you of weather watches and warnings in your area.

Ill have to check out TWC widget. I'm learning that what I have on my phone has changed since we started driving OTR. Thank u so much for the suggestions. U can keep em coming if u fell like it...lol

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Ive used both those radar programs and I thing Raindar is the best, from someone who does out door concerts all summer long its saved my butt more then a few times.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Hmmm well it depends on what you want your phone to do, give me a idea and I'll try to give you an app lol

Kristi

Active Expediter
Ive used both those radar programs and I thing Raindar is the best, from someone who does out door concerts all summer long its saved my butt more then a few times.

I like Raindar more too. I like the fact that is ties in with the Google Maps app to show were you're located in relation to the weather.

After being caught in storms and all I figured its easier to look on my phone to see what's going rather than call my parents and have them look it up...lol

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
1weather is a relatively new widget. Man, is it slick. They're still adding the cooler functions, but if you check it out, I think you'll find it worth the wait until the get it perfected.

Kristi

Active Expediter
1weather is a relatively new widget. Man, is it slick. They're still adding the cooler functions, but if you check it out, I think you'll find it worth the wait until the get it perfected.

I'm open to trying all kinds of different apps and widgets. I figure once I find the right one I'll stick to using it. I just find that with the weather constantly changing I need to stay informed. This is our first spring out on the road and I know that weather can affect a lot of things.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One thing to keep in mind, although it's not that big a deal when you always have east access to a charger, two things that can drain a battery quicker is lots of widgets (because they update often), and lots if free apps (because of the fetching and processing of the ads).

Kristi

Active Expediter
One thing to keep in mind, although it's not that big a deal when you always have east access to a charger, two things that can drain a battery quicker is lots of widgets (because they update often), and lots if free apps (because of the fetching and processing of the ads).

I don't use a lot of widgets but I know about the apps draining the battery. My biggest battery eater on my phone is I play a lot of games on it...

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Completely free with no adds, it also uses Google maps to pull up your location, you can also go to the settings and turn on storm tracks, or traffic so you can see if the weather is impacting traffic! You can also change more settings but that's all I've changed in it....

Just downloaded...Excellent app. Thanks.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums