Door jam stickers

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone know if I can buy new ID stickers for the door jam of a Freightliner?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'd contact Frtlnr. Years ago bought a used truck and the vin plate was missing. Could not replace that actual metal plate. Vin had to be verified by numbers stamped on frame.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I know that the "auto companies" can issue "duplicates" of them, there is always a need for them in "crash" repairs...so i would figure Frtliner should be able to issue them to you, but they would be the only one that could...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I would think that you'd have to have proof of destruction. I "lost it" would leave to fraud.
Probably easier to find a drivers license/ phony birth certificate guy.
He can probably print on up.
Ask Obama for a referral.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Thanks guys, I was thinking they might be able to put them on at a dealer where the VIN could be checked but didn't know if anyone had tried before.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
i can tell you that in the "auto" business, they are ordered thru the parts department..you have to have the vehicle inspected to verify the vin,and prove ownership. There is a procedure to be followed, but it isnt over the top...as i said Body shops do it ll the time.

The owner of a vehicle can remove the vin tag if they want to. The original "incomplete vehicle" vin tag from GM that came on my truck is gone...I took it off the day I bought the truck...The "completed" vehicle tag that was put on by the "upfitter" or "final stage manufacturer" is there. And the orginal tag from them was wrong, it had the wrong GVW. I called the selling dealer and he had the Upfitter send me the right one...I installed it over the top of the wrong one....

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check with the company that completed the build like the box manufacturer they may have the info on file.