Dont what to think about this!

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
This last two weeks, I have found out that two dipatchers have trucks on with the company. Ok the one that is in dispatch has one van no big deal. The other owner is married to a dispatcher and he has 12 total 8 vans and 4 straights. May not seem big but lets say your sitting somewhere they see a load booked the next day and one there trucks is coming in guess who just got predispatched and took a load away from someone and no one never knew a thing. Im out with is place of next week might be out for good

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This last two weeks, I have found out that two dipatchers have trucks on with the company. Ok the one that is in dispatch has one van no big deal. The other owner is married to a dispatcher and he has 12 total 8 vans and 4 straights. May not seem big but lets say your sitting somewhere they see a load booked the next day and one there trucks is coming in guess who just got predispatched and took a load away from someone and no one never knew a thing. Im out with is place of next week might be out for good

I thought you with with P2?.....you moved I take it?

Yes that can happen...it has been like that in trucking since the beginning of time...the suspicion, the paranoia....as long as you are making your money..and IF you catch them just once,,,you should get outta there....actually I'd be working on an escape route now...just in case.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The beauty of being an expediter IMHO: 1. If you are a O/O and the driver of your ride, then you can work for more than one company and probably do not sit very long in one place.

2. If you are a O/O and have your own authority, you can bid on your on loads and run baby run.

3. If you are a O/O, you are free of the big company he said , she said BS and all the crap there of.

4. Real Expediters run their own show, thus O/O, independent of the big chair companies that make you jump thru hoops and so on. It works for many in here who are independent and the 1000s of drivers O/O out there you never here from in here because they are to busy. If one talks to Expediters at the truck stops, many of the successful ones never heard of EOL, and that always bugged me, but hey, some of them have been out here for 10 years, so there you go...........................

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The beauty of being an expediter IMHO: 1. If you are a O/O and the driver of you ride, then you can work for more than one company and probably do not sit very long in one place.

2. If you are a O/O and have your own authority, you can bid on your on loads and run baby run.

3. If you are a O/O, you are free of the big company he said , she said BS and all the crap there of.

4. Real Expediters run their own show, thus O/O, independent of the big chair companies that make you jump thru hoops and so on. It works for many in here who are independent and the 1000s of drivers O/O our there you never here from in here because they are to busy. If one talks to expediters at the truckstops, many of the successful ones never heard of EOL, and that always bugged me, but hey, some of them have been out here for 10 years, so there you go...........................

Glad you put that out there as your opinion.....there are so many items in your post that can be rebutted...;)

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Wasn't it Panther that stopped this practice? Dispatchers couldn't own or have relatives who owned vehicles?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Do not know the op,so this comment is not directed towards him.

Not every is ready for Independance.
Hundreds of reasons.
Some can't handle risk.
Some need to be nudged to leave the house.
Some lack people skills or business savy.

There are hundreds on here today that do just fine in the carrier setting.

They are no less of an expeditor than an independent.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The beauty of being an expediter IMHO: 1. If you are a O/O and the driver of your ride, then you can work for more than one company and probably do not sit very long in one place.

4. Real Expediters run their own show, thus O/O, independent of the big chair companies that make you jump thru hoops and so on. It works for many in here who are independent and the 1000s of drivers O/O out there you never here from in here because they are to busy. If one talks to Expediters at the truck stops, many of the successful ones never heard of EOL, and that always bugged me, but hey, some of them have been out here for 10 years, so there you go...........................

Step right up folks get your own authority and get rich. More have lost everything trying to do it themselves than have succeeded. I see people out there running for multiple companies all the time. None has showed me they sit less or make more. Most often I am loaded before them. I am referring to the van market. One size never has and never will fit all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Step right up folks get your own authority and get rich.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums
That is what I did in 2006, still at it and still making a lot of money. You should try it yourself before you knock it.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Seems like this works for the van market, but is anyone doing this with st8's?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Was Independent, now retired for awhile till the bell toils again.

Wait, two big proponents of this "you're not a real expeditor if you don't have your own authority" have recently spoken.

One is retired for now and the other is selling used office furniture.

That independent thing must really be great !

Chalk one up on Xiggi's card.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I personally think it represents a conflict of interest. Even if the carrier does EVERYTHING 110% right, it will always be questioned or doubted. IMHO.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got my own intrastate authority five years ago and my M.C. three and a half four years ago and Im glad I did it. Just like anything else, it has its pros and cons Ive had bussy and slow business I figure it this way Im not saddled by only one carrier. Or if I want to sound like a J Hole i say run with the big dogs or stay on the porch.

Bob Wolf