Don't Trust People on Facebook.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Facebook can also be used to catch some bad [and stupid] people. Shortly after my daughter & her family moved from a rental house in Pa to one they bought in Fl, their tax refund check was delivered to the old house, and not forwarded. The IRS, after awhile, said it had been cashed in Pa, so my son in law did a bit of investigating, asking family & friends in Pa who was living in the old house, then found the culprits on Facebook.
They got arrested when the local bank identified them, and the check was reissued to the rightful recipients. :)

That's a way cool story.....good for the family!

Blazer

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Generally speaking, when you go to Western Union to wire large sums of cash, the employees may ask you the purpose of the cash transfer and warn you that there may be a scam involved.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Generally speaking, when you go to Western Union to wire large sums of cash, the employees may ask you the purpose of the cash transfer and warn you that there may be a scam involved.

Yes very true we had a worker at a local grocery store in St Louis call the police when an elderly lady wanted to wire a large sum of cash to someone who called her on the phone and claimed she was a niece and needed money the police came and talked to the elderly lady and got the info from her of the so called neice and told her she was being scammed and saved her money

bugsysiegel

Expert Expediter
Haha, I got that message in an email. Only problem was that the person who allegedly sent it from London was sitting on my couch watching a movie with me.

Silly scammers.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Haha, I got that message in an email. Only problem was that the person who allegedly sent it from London was sitting on my couch watching a movie with me.

Silly scammers.

all starving comics out there and now you want to join them? keep your day job