Does Renting a cargo Van qualify me as an O/O ?

Dnola3

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a cargo van booked with a large national rental company for two weeks starting next week. I already have some loads booked. It is a 2020 Dodge Ram promaster 3500 with high roof and extended base. I am only getting around $0.88 per mile on what I have booked right now. Where can I get loads for $1.40 and up going OTR ? I applied with a bunch of the companies I see on this site, and guessing I won't hear back until Monday. Who do some O/O's work with on this board, and what is the highest rate you can get without your own authority? Thanks.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would look at want ads on here and work for someone else and not rent one . Cost per mile will kill , plus lease payment is to high

FlyingTortoise

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a cargo van booked with a large national rental company for two weeks starting next week. I already have some loads booked. It is a 2020 Dodge Ram promaster 3500 with high roof and extended base. I am only getting around $0.88 per mile on what I have booked right now. Where can I get loads for $1.40 and up going OTR ? I applied with a bunch of the companies I see on this site, and guessing I won't hear back until Monday. Who do some O/O's work with on this board, and what is the highest rate you can get without your own authority? Thanks.
Do you have cargo and liability insurance when you rent like this?

FlyingTortoise

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
How did you get the loads that you booked? I mean how did you book them?
To book a load you need to have an MC, which you can't have if you are renting short term...I'm just really confused.

Reactions: danthewolf00