Does a strike concern Chrysler ?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
We'll see soon enough but Chrysler LLC is a very small investment compared to Cerebus's other investments . Cerebus plans on selling Chrysler after restructuring anyway . Union negotiators have their work cut out for them .

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
They reached a 4 year agreement. Back to work.

-True independence can only be gained if you're trully independant.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
The agreement still has to be ratified , as it probably will be as it was at GM with 66% approval . But in the "USA Today" article it says while Chrysler guaranteed production of some products in U.S. factories the guarantee is "only for the life of current products " . So if they discontinue some models and come out with new models there is no guarantee . All Dodge Megacab pickups and the new Dodge 4500 and 5500 commercial trucks are made in Mexico .

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Crazy,
I know I will hear this from some UAW members telling me I am full of it but the UAW works with the company every day and holds them by the b****. They have a presence in the planning committees and on the boards on the higher levels all the way to the top.

They know what plants are going to close long before any announcements, they know why and even help with the planning on moving things out of the country.

Their 'investment' in the companies go far beyond the workers, they also own a lot of stock in the companies and want them to prosper for more than one reason. It is sad that the UAW has come to this point that they really don't represent the workers but the company if you really exam things and follow the money.

Now the strike was a dog and pony show for the press, nothing else.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
>The agreement still has to be ratified , as it probably will
>be as it was at GM with 66% approval . But in the "USA
>Today" article it says while Chrysler guaranteed production
>of some products in U.S. factories the guarantee is "only
>for the life of current products " . So if they discontinue
>some models and come out with new models there is no
>guarantee . All Dodge Megacab pickups and the new Dodge 4500
>and 5500 commercial trucks are made in Mexico .
Didn't waste any time , did they ? http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071018/BUSINESS01/710180363/1003