Dodge Sprinter 2500 or 3500?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Doesn't the 3500 have dual rear wheels?
From what I've heard a skid won't fit in between the wheel wells
so you have to raise the floor and lose height to haul a normal skid which makes it no so suitable for expediting.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Try doing a search for "sprinter wheelwells", including the quote marks. Then topics to do with sprinter flooring, because it also covers discussions about whether the wheelwells in the 3500 can be widened, and then the discussions wander to other aspects between the two models.

eb

bbrs2000

Active Expediter
Doesn't the 3500 have dual rear wheels?
From what I've heard a skid won't fit in between the wheel wells
so you have to raise the floor and lose height to haul a normal skid which makes it no so suitable for expediting.

Yep dual wheels, and pallet can fit between I have 54'' space between. 3500 use more fuel 16-17gpm I heard 2500 get 20-25mpg....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yep dual wheels, and pallet can fit between I have 54'' space between. 3500 use more fuel 16-17gpm I heard 2500 get 20-25mpg....

Another question are you still under 10000lbs?
I guess the pro for a 3500 is that you could haul more weight as long as skids fit, which it sounds like they do, cons would be if over 10K you will have to log, stop at scales etc.
Not sure if that extra weight capicity would help, not sure if expediting companies keep weight limits on each individual unit....Things to think about!!!

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter

With the 54" between the wheelwells your 3500 has been modified outside of the factory. Factory with between wheelwells was 38 inches. All North Ammerican Sprinter 3500's are like that. In Europe they offer a 3500 model with the SUSI option, which is a super single rear tire which will allow you to fit a skid between the ww's without a raised platform or modified wells. Problem is MB has no plans of bringing it to the NA market anytime soon

Reactions: bg101

Camper

Not a Member
You might also want to consider an aerocell or cargomax. The cargo capacity is about the same but generally, parts and maintenance are less expensive.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
You might also want to consider an aerocell or cargomax. The cargo capacity is about the same but generally, parts and maintenance are less expensive.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Talk to Chef Dennis I believe he bought a cargomaxx, if you have questions:)