DOD clearance

piattteam

Active Expediter
Is the extra pay/work for DOD loads worth all of the work involved in completing the horrendous application?!?!
Thanks

denny2010

Expert Expediter
No..dont do it.....more for me...lol
Of course it is..fedex cc wouldnt have it if it wasn't ..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
The horrendous application is just the start. If there's ever been any credit hiccups, expect to be probed in a southern orifice by a bent microscope by the freelance proctologists that call themselves the government. I had some in my application, however, have paid everything off that was previously on my credit report. I am only legally obligated on one debt, and I reported that, otherwise they never would have known. The interview with the, um, person from the Federal Investigative Service started the ball rolling downhill, when he showed the results of my investigation, and on the top was a SS number that wasn't even close to mine. Still, to this day, I am still trying to explain my delinquent accounts with Georgia Power, several medical providers in Georgia, and the $74 collection account from the "Black Essence Book Club". Want a laugh? I've never lived in Georgia, and I'm white.

My initial application was filed over a year and a half ago. My last written correspondence with them was my assertion of my right to a hearing in front of an administrative law judge. I made clear to them that I do fairly well without it, but I'm so far invested with my time, that it's now a matter of principle. The Fed also slightly dropped the ball in this, which accounted for a good chunk of the time.

Now that I've done all this typing without answering your question, I'll tell you that several of our peers do well with it. I don't believe it's huge money better, but like having more qualifications, can be a tool to get you moving where you otherwise wouldn't. It also (sometimes) means being predispatched, where you can schedule your sleep and driving shifts a little better than a regular surface truck can. The latter is what is attractive to us.

Hope that helps.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I had special clearance when i was in the army..my app went smoothly. My wife take a few months. Some of our dod loads pay as much as reefers loads..then some just pay little better that lg loads...lol been long time since i seen one of them..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I did too, Denny. Seemed to matter not.

Ironically, the day after I posted this, a suit from the gov called and granted it.

piattteam

Active Expediter
We have been working on our applications, off and on, for some time now.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL! The clearance needed to haul DOD freight, secret, is EASY to get and requires little information and only minimal background checks. One reason it is easier is because that clearance does not give you any access to classified documents or projects. You should go through the checks for top secret/code word access clearance. That is TOUGH. You can bet your booty that Obama would never be able to get that clearance!

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Funny, Michelle and I BOTH said "bet obama never filled anything like this out"!!!!

It took me almost 8 months to get my first top secret clearance. They not only checked my references but they did background checks on them! I ALMOST did not get it. I had living relatives in a Communist Block country, Poland, that was often enough to stop a clearance. Only the fact that my great uncle was a rather well known, anti-communist poet, allowed it to go through.