Phone number 800 562 6210

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Februrary 24, 2008

Pilot Travel Centers
5508 Lonas Dr.
Knoxville, TN 37909

Dear Pilot Travel Centers

As a member of a Trucking Web Site called Expeditersonline a Thread came up by what a member of ours states what they saw in cleaning a shower. The Wash Cloth was seen as a tool to wipe the toilet seat and rim with and the towel was used as a mop on the shower floor/walls and floor instead of using a mop.

Now personally I have never seen this done but I have noticed in my visits no Johny Mop (toilet bowl brush) on a cleaning cart. (I had 15 years as an owner of a large cleaning company with such accounts as Joe Gibbs Racing, Ingersol Rand, and many more top 500 corporations in America.)

I ask what would be the policy for Cleaning these items that we use on our bodies? I would hope it would be washed in Bleech and at least no less than 180F hot water? Why are the mop buckets allowed to get so dirty? You know we have to walk on these floors after showering, is there a true Dissinfectant used in this mop water?

We pay a premium to use these showers, 50 gallons of fuel min or pay cash for one. Your attention to this matter and what is being written here on the Expeditersonline I feel deserves your attention. This site has thousands of visits per week.

Thank you,

Kraig Allen
akaBroompilot

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Broom,
Well done!!! Let us know if you hear anything. It is too bad that customer service is not what it used to be. india

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Thank you Broompilot.

I have also contacted Pilot on two occasions regarding the comments posted here on EO. Moreover, I forwarded the link to them so they could read the comments.

Please, everyone who has experienced this problem while at a Pilot Travel Center needs to take a moment and contact them. If you do not want to write a letter at least send them a email comment.

I will say thank you in advance for all of your help regarding this issue.