Disgusting appearance

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
Recently we had to make a stop at Green early one day and it so happened to be the morning of surface oreintation. There were many surface trucks in the lot and one could tell there was a large class of newbies.

As we parked and gathered our items we could not help but notice a couple of individuals walking towards door number 5. What caught our eye was the clothing these folks were wearing (or the lack of).
This lady was wearing these bright green streach pants and a bright Yellow tank top that didnt fit because her mid section was in full display. Not to Mention that she was very obeese. Her overall appearance was just not clean. The man that was with her was just as unkept.

I really wounder how fedex felt about that? and did they do anything about it.

The thing is, I dont believe you need to wear a shirt and tie however, one would think that when you go to a meeting/class you would want to have a overall clean appearance.

On the way out of the building we encountered a group of newbies standing outside chating and I walked up and introduced myself and welcomed them aboard and so on. This couple i refered to was in the group and just so happened to be the loudest out spoken person standing there.

After listening to her rantings..... I would be concerned if I was Fedex. Thier Truck owner should be VERY concerned.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Don't forget, Buddy.....most people put their best foot forward when they go to these things!! Makes ya wonder what their worst would look like!:eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't make me wonder, makes me want to throw up. Even picturing that in my mind is enough to make me lose lunch. :mad:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Don't make me wonder, makes me want to throw up. Even picturing that in my mind is enough to make me lose lunch. :mad:

Shake it off, Brudder, shake it off....sometimes those visuals stay for hours or days!!! Kinda like a bad tune that gets stuck in your mind. :D

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
One morning at the Bordentown NJ Petro, we watched a CC driver as he climbed out of his truck, walked to the rear wheels and peed on them. He didn't even particulary make an effort to hide what he was doing. He also wasn't on the back row where he was next to the grass, but on the front row where anyone (like us) could see. Pretty sure he saw us watching.

The missus was so disgustipated she called his truck number in to dispatch and complained on him. Don't know what came of it, but it sure left us shaking our heads about the quality of drivers that are making it into the fleet sometimes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Makes you wonder does it not? FDCC seems that they are willing to accept just about anybody these days and have little interest in keeping good, long term drivers. It is never a good sign when a company starts with the "my way or the highway" attitude. It is sad to see that "all we need is a warm body" mind set taking over.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One morning at the Bordentown NJ Petro, we watched a CC driver as he climbed out of his truck, walked to the rear wheels and peed on them. He didn't even particulary make an effort to hide what he was doing..

I`m not sure what kind of screening FECC could do to eliminate this kind of individual. If he is caught doing this he could be arrested and convicted of being a sex offender.

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
I`m not sure what kind of screening FECC could do to eliminate this kind of individual. If he is caught doing this he could be arrested and convicted of being a sex offender.

I heard a sad yet sort of funny story once about a whole bunch of drivers doing hurricane watch duty being ordered off of the Homestead AFB after one driver, not realizing he could be seen from the control tower, took a whizz on the tarmac where they were waiting. Shortly afterwards security showed up to order the trucks out as a Biological Hazmat Team prepared to clean the site.

What does that make a truckstop parking lot?

Last edited:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I heard a sad yet sort of funny story once about a whole bunch of drivers doing hurricane watch duty being ordered off of the Homestead AFB after one driver, not realizing he could be seen from the control tower, took a whizz on the tarmac where they were waiting. Shortly afterwards security showed up to order the trucks out as a Biological Hazmat Team prepared to clean the site.

What does that make a truckstop parking lot?

I wish the truckstop managers would do the same. On one occasion while fueling, some guy decided to empty his bladder in the fuel line and another (female) dumped her pee bucket at the passenger side pump. When I use to use the public restrooms (its been about a year since we installed a shower/bathroom) I have often seen where someone urinated all over the toilet seat and flush handle...one time at the Pilot in Fortworth, I caught a guy doing the 'pee on everything' thing and advised management...manager said "those people (they where a special head dress) do it all the time...nothing we can do about it except clean it up" I suggested that perhaps to consider it vandalism or intentional infliction of Bio hazzards. It is sad that we allow this industry to become so disgusting...I am sure there are endless examples in todays industry.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yup I agree

Men wearing Earings or Pins and Nose Rings and Tounge rings as well.

Not to forget about those toeless shoes.

Then lead us not forget about those that Drink over a weekend while on a load. HMM

Then there are those On the FAT BoYS and Girls Club that look like they are a Heart Attack waiten to happen.

Ya I here ya.

Not to menton the dogs ridden around up in the windows of the trucks or cats for that matter.
Say it isn't so.
See it all over.

Taking out the Garbage is my Speciality.

The savory taste of Vension Steaks!!!

Hunting Season is officialy here the Hunted might as well not bother running as it will only die tired.

Last edited: