Disappointment at SLC KW

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just a heads up, if you want a computer code fixed, avoid this dealership. Had a truck get the engine light (code 2215-fuel pressure fault) and was experiencing power loss. They got us in replaced a filter and a sensor that we didn't need.
Long story short, charged $600 saying they couldn't fix it, and said take it to Cummins because they couldn't do a dyno because they don't have the equipment.
Funny how that wasn't mentioned BEFORE they started.
It really gets ridiculous after awhile when some dealers charge a premium and basically do nothing.
Had to finally go through KW corporate to get our money back for the foolishness.
Cummins found the problem of a loose return line at one of the injectors.
There is my rant of the week.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Look on the bright side, you got a filter and sensor that you didn't need replaced for the price of a little aggravation. It looks like they have hired nothing more than parts changers at the shop which is terrible for customer relations.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The biggest issue in these is that too much time was wasted.
Two days at KW and then two days at Cummins.
It certainly trashed a good week on this truck. But we are up and running and that is the good news.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Wow, nice of them to take 2 days to tell you we don't have a clue and we don't have the equipment.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
sounds like a lot of dealerships got to charge for nothen and can't understand why you don't return there except to buy parts and do it your self

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
Don't stop at Freightliner in Lubbock, Tx, I got a bill for $1200.00 for repairs on my truck, driver got 100 miles away and it went down with the same problem, call Freightliner they said not possible because it was fixed right. Called Corp. they said it will be handled and will call me. Stay tuned to the further adventures.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Stoops Freighter, Indy...

Clutch went out, so I floated it in. They had it for quite a while. When it was done and I went to pick it up, they said there was a problem. As soon as they put it in reverse to back it out of the shop, it went BANG! The tranny blew up. The guy at the desk showed me a broken piece that he claimed was from the tranny, said that it was broken by driver abuse. "Hey, I drive it in here, pal. It wasn't like that when I drove it in!"

My owner got ahold of someone high enough in the food chain that they did some digging. Turns out that when they put the new clutch in, they reinserted the link to the PTO too far, and so once it was put in gear...it was all over but the crying.

And they were perfectly content, had my owner not leaned on them, to blame me.

Another thing about Stoops: when they tell you your unit is ready except for printing up the bill, that still means another 3 hours. I expected it to be in calligraphy, for that amount of time, but out was just a printout...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Don't get me started on Stoops. Last year we took a truck in for a leaking compressor which we told and pointed out to them. They said they couldn't tell the mechanic because "they have to find the problem".
Well, you guessed it. Replaced the whole dryer assembly and said they couldn't find the leak and didn't have time to do any more work after we again, told them where it was leaking.
Last time we had a truck there.
Finally had it repaired the next day at Middle Georgia FLT and they fixed it in a couple of hours.
Stoops in Dayton is another winner. Took a week to fix a AC unit after they stripped the connections on the Jblock. Only went there because it was close to the drivers house. Big mistake as well. Based on our past experiences, I wouldn't have them repair a bicycle.