Disappointed

Ladytrucker1950

Seasoned Expediter
Well ladies, I must say its a real let down to know I have to go back to big truck instead of getting into expediting. The recruiter I have been talking too has informed me that they cannot top .36 a mile and health insurance. I have to go where I can make the most money and have health insurance for myself in case the worst should happen with my husband. I truly wanted to drive a smaller rig for the next 11 years till I can retire but I guess it wasn't to be. Unless one of you knows something I can do to find a place that pays a decent wage and has benefits I will be going to an otr company. Its sad because I've been watching your neat little trucks for 5 years and always wanted one. So, I want to thank you all for your time and consideration. I will have my laptop with me and check in now and then. I wish you all clear roads and a safe ride. See you all out there. PS, my handle here plus @yahoo is where you can find me on chat. Feel free to add me to your friends list, just let me know in the invite that you are from EO. Carol

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck Carol but by no means be a stranger. Some day one of us may want to drive a big truck and need your help. Don't forget us!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Carol Good luck with your new adventure! Keep your chin up. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your husband. Keep us informed of how you are doing and your adventures on the open road as a solo women driver. Letus know what company you go with and maybe we will see you out there.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Carol,
you cant go by the mile in expediting,you have to ask the question,how much do your drivers take home in a year.
expediting is a business,that doesnt let you make the same money every week,so you have to find out what the drivers are getting in a year
Its not a job you want to work by the mile,i get over $500 for a load that goes from 1 mile to 200 miles,at 36cpm you would be getting ripped off
running single you should be getting 30% of the load,unlees you buy fuel,then pay would be different,but still, bottom line, you should be getting 30% single,and 20% team
hope your christmas was merry